Grill Assembly

Shawn.Benson

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Have a new 590 coming in the next week or so. I have seen posts suggesting anti seize lubricant as well as loctite due to bolts loosiening over time. They don't mix. Leaning towards the anti seize. Any thoughts on which would be better?

I haven't had a single bolt/screw come loose on mine, move it all around and use it a few times a week.
Ditto. Will not be a problem. I believe the bolts have "lock" grooves on them anyway. Just snug them without warping the metal surfaces and they will hold. One good thing to do before the burn in, is to get some high heat silicone (red or gray), and seal the rivet holes inside where the sides of the barrel fit over the barrel body. The seams are sealed but they did not seal the rivet holes. If you have any grease leaks to below the drip pan, they will leak thru those holes onto your porch or patio. I advised RT about that several years ago, but not sure they were concerned enough. If you wait until you see a leak, then you will have to degrease the whole area in order to get sealer to work. Not fun. Perhaps they have already done this but I don't know. Tight rivets do not seal grease leaks.

Last edited:
On my previously owned RT 300 mini, I needed to remove the burn pot after a few years, to facilitate a repair. Of the four hex bolts that hold the pot in place from the top, two had threads that were galled. I ended up cutting the heads off.
After reading this post, I am considering being proactive once my new 590 delivers and backing these four bolts out then coating them with anti-seize.
Might be worth it?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back