great cleaner for this

Smoke'n Hot

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hi Pelletheads!
What's a great cleaner to remove this smoke grease stain on stainless steel? I have tried bar keepers with a modicum of success. Brillo pads also with a modicum of success. Is there a commercial or industrial degreaser people use? Thanks for the tips.
IMG_20210418_100934033.jpg

I sealed my Bull so, I don't have the stains that you have but, I've did try Bar Keeper's Friend and a couple of other household cleaners. Someone posted earlier that Cameo was recommended by ReqTeq and I gave it a try. It works really well and does not leave streaks on stainless steel surfaces. We've now started using it for our kitchen appliances. Works even better when your grill is still warm.

I sealed my Bull so, I don't have the stains that you have but, I've did try Bar Keeper's Friend and a couple of other household cleaners. Someone posted earlier that Cameo was recommended by ReqTeq and I gave it a try. It works really well and does not leave streaks on stainless steel surfaces. We've now started using it for our kitchen appliances. Works even better when your grill is still warm.

You sealed it with what?

Hi Pelletheads!
What's a great cleaner to remove this smoke grease stain on stainless steel? I have tried bar keepers with a modicum of success. Brillo pads also with a modicum of success. Is there a commercial or industrial degreaser people use? Thanks for the tips. View attachment 9648
I think RT recommends Cameo made by Brillo.

My RT is sealed pretty good, so minimal to no leaking now. BKF is great for SS cleaning and removing organic crud. Greased Lightning is also great for removing grease for general use. Between those two, you should be able to get almost anything cleaned up. Acetone also works well, however it can also destroy painted surfaces, if used incorrrectly. I used Acetone after I sealed my lid to really clean the SS.

I've had good results with Greased Lighting (let it soak). For the grates I soak them in PBW (powdered brewery wash) disolved in water then hose them off.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back