Trailblazer Grease drip stain on exterior

N74

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
So I made some bacon wrapped poppers and later seared a steak. Bacon grease from the top of the lid leaked out under the lid where you open it during the hot sear time. Didn’t clean it immediately so the drip spots got hard pretty quick. I’ve tried baking soda, degreaser, dawn, and BKF. Any other ideas? Another thread recommended acetone but that was for smoke discoloration. What about hard grease stains?

I got some black stains down the front after my first sear as well.. I for the life of me was not sure what it was. It might have been grease but the area was a few inches wide & long. I tried a few cleaners and none budged it. I ended up taking a razor blade very carefully and it came off. It was almost like a rust look & texture but black. I did not get pictures before. It came off like dust with no underlying issues thankfully. I had one of those sweat type moments like WTF happened. All good.

I got some black stains down the front after my first sear as well.. I for the life of me was not sure what it was. It might have been grease but the area was a few inches wide & long. I tried a few cleaners and none budged it. I ended up taking a razor blade very carefully and it came off. It was almost like a rust look & texture but black. I did not get pictures before. It came off like dust with no underlying issues thankfully. I had one of those sweat type moments like WTF happened. All good.
Yeah mine are several inches long as well. I’ll try a razor blade someday.

The best cleaners I’ve used on the exterior is the BKF and commercial simple green( which is a blue concentrate) I mainly use the simple green to clean the grease of my concrete. The worst stain I have on mine is actually melted plastic from kid throwing something on the shelf while it was on

The best cleaners I’ve used on the exterior is the BKF and commercial simple green( which is a blue concentrate) I mainly use the simple green to clean the grease of my concrete. The worst stain I have on mine is actually melted plastic from kid throwing something on the shelf while it was on
I have never tried BKF, guess I should. Thanks👍

You got a link to the simple green?

LA Totally Awesome evaporates that dark gunk! Keeps my grill looking brand new

001174D8-B7A0-4648-A7F2-7FEBCFB2525D.jpeg

Attachments

• FC9703E7-73BB-45A1-8A4C-0576F1D40A9F.jpeg
    FC9703E7-73BB-45A1-8A4C-0576F1D40A9F.jpeg
    813.6 KB · Views: 114
  • EB6866F4-30CA-4D3C-BDDC-F550B569CF8B.jpeg
    EB6866F4-30CA-4D3C-BDDC-F550B569CF8B.jpeg
    787.2 KB · Views: 115

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back