Bull Got a problem with 3RPM install

thedudeabides

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
So i was interested in swapping out my stock auger for the 3RPM auger. The 3 RMP auger arrived, but for the life of me i cannot get the pin in the new one. There is only 1 hole on the new auger shaft, and the hole is not straight up and down, kinda kicked out from the side. Anyway, in the process of trying to get everything lined up properly, the part that i insert auger shaft into went all the way inside and i cannot get it out......Any ideas or help?

Same thing happened to me. First make sure there are no pellets in the hopper and clear them out of the pot. Remove the heat deflector and you should see the auger shaft sticking out into the ceramic pot. After cleaning out the pellets in the pot/auger shaft, I was able to push it back in so that it was once again sticking back out in the back where you need to line up the holes. Then you need to find something that you can put in the ceramic pot to push up against the auger so it doesn't come sliding back into the pot. I had my wife hold the handle end of the hammer while I lined up the holes and completed the install. You can also just use your hands to turn the auger so that the holes line up nicely with the motor. Hope that helps.

Same thing happened to me. First make sure there are no pellets in the hopper and clear them out of the pot. Remove the heat deflector and you should see the auger shaft sticking out into the ceramic pot. After cleaning out the pellets in the pot/auger shaft, I was able to push it back in so that it was once again sticking back out in the back where you need to line up the holes. Then you need to find something that you can put in the ceramic pot to push up against the auger so it doesn't come sliding back into the pot. I had my wife hold the handle end of the hammer while I lined up the holes and completed the install. You can also just use your hands to turn the auger so that the holes line up nicely with the motor. Hope that helps.
Ok. I will try that. Its been a long day, so i will work on that tomorrow to see what i can come up with. I believe that i will be able to get the auger pushed back out, but are there any tricks with getting that pin in? It is sorta cockeyed, and i was fighting it like mad and could not get that pin in there. The space to work in is very cramped as well. Thank you for the tips!

Attachments

• 351E518A-3694-45E2-B46C-CA48BB2CEDA3.jpeg
    351E518A-3694-45E2-B46C-CA48BB2CEDA3.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 119
  • 53154E36-2871-4CE9-AD64-A92E2492583F.jpeg
    53154E36-2871-4CE9-AD64-A92E2492583F.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 126
  • 41207C14-1A98-489C-9E3C-77E77EBDAE20.jpeg
    41207C14-1A98-489C-9E3C-77E77EBDAE20.jpeg
    900.7 KB · Views: 117
Ok. I will try that. Its been a long day, so i will work on that tomorrow to see what i can come up with. I believe that i will be able to get the auger pushed back out, but are there any tricks with getting that pin in? It is sorta cockeyed, and i was fighting it like mad and could not get that pin in there. The space to work in is very cramped as well. Thank you for the tips!
Needle nose pliers helped me. I had to open up the pin a bit in order to get it through.

Needle nose pliers helped me. I had to open up the pin a bit in order to get it through.
Thanks. I will try working the pin a bit more, and see if i can find a better set of needle nose plyers laying around that are a little bigger where i can get more force on it.

you can spin the auger fan and it will slowly turn the motor and line up the holes. pliers are the best for the pin. and i agree try to push auger back out from the fire pot
Thanks! I just got the hole straightened up, hopefully can get it installed tomorrow.

I had the same issue, the auger pushed into the fire pot, I had to remove all the pellets to get the shaft back into position.

Greg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back