Rubs Good coffee rub ingredients for steak or venison

lms0908d1

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Have a 700 on order and planning ahead for some dinners. I've been reading that a coffee rub is really good on steak and such. So after my burn in I plan on 1st meal being a coffee rub on steak or venison. Is there a good recipe you prefer for this kind of rub? Also suggestions on cooking temps and times would be great! As I said I'm new to all this pellet smoker stuff so trying to learn.

I'm thinking of using LJ hickory pellets and starting out on low/extreme smoke to get that smoke flavor then cranking it up to finish. But any advise or critique is welcomed.

Thanks

I usually stick to just salt n pepper on beef.
I have used a coffee rub on pork chops and pork ribs with great results. Here’s a basic recipe in the pic below. I skip the cumin. I use fine ground fresh roasted single sourced stuff myself.

PS. Try Franklin’s espresso sauce if you can find it for the ultimate coffee flavor experience.

Attachments

• 23F3EDC1-4F1B-4A6C-B77B-08D652B2FBBA.png
    23F3EDC1-4F1B-4A6C-B77B-08D652B2FBBA.png
    513.5 KB · Views: 120
I used my coffee grinder with some dried guajillo peppers. I added some light roast coffee beans to a batch of my guajillos and I really liked it on my steaks. Not too heavy on the coffee. I threw in a few pinches or garlic salt into the batch too.

Sorry, not so precise on the measurements. I just went by taste.

Have a 700 on order and planning ahead for some dinners. I've been reading that a coffee rub is really good on steak and such. So after my burn in I plan on 1st meal being a coffee rub on steak or venison. Is there a good recipe you prefer for this kind of rub? Also suggestions on cooking temps and times would be great! As I said I'm new to all this pellet smoker stuff so trying to learn.

I'm thinking of using LJ hickory pellets and starting out on low/extreme smoke to get that smoke flavor then cranking it up to finish. But any advise or critique is welcomed.

Thanks
You can also use instant espresso. Get the good strong coffee flavor, no leftover grit. Dissolves completely I have used it on pork and on cowboy ribeyes. Better on pork, IMO.

You can pretty much add coffee to any rub and have it come out great. Just start adding fresh ground coffee and sampling the rub. You will be at the point you need when you start to taste the coffee. Note that your rub will be pretty dark by the time you get there. Once you cook with it once at that level you can adjust to your preference.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back