Going for grill number 3, Need Advice!

Pops

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
  2. Bullseye
Greetings, It has been a little over a year since I joined the forum, started my grilling journey and what a blast it has been!

I have gone from a newby to grilling 3-5 times a week and it is great! It really is a testimony to the grills and the members here at the forum that helped me through!

So, I started with a 590, then added a Bullseye. Love them both as they are both different. Tried to use the griddle with Bullseye, but that is a no go. Sooooo

Now I want to finish my trio off with a Blackstone. (Wife has formally agreed) I really dont want a large one, looking for a 2 burner, but I have notice some with air fryers. I am having a hard time finding them here locally south of the ATL.

Does anyone have any opinions? Is Blackstone the one? Any deals coming up Labor Day? Which one is the best? It is just the two of us.

As always trust you guys and appreciate your help so much!

Camp Chef also makes flat top grills. From the few reviews I have seen with both CC and BS in them, the CC has won each one.

I've been eyeing one myself (hence why I read reviews), but the general consensus seems to be that Camp Chef has better implemented many features better than Blackstone.

CC includes a grill and the flat top. Blackstone doesn't.
CC has even heating across the top. Blackstone is apparently prone to a hot spot or two.
CC uses better materials.

Note: This could be a significant con, but the CC does run a little bit higher in cost. Suggest you read reviews, including Amazon.

I have a stainless Blackstone 36” griddle, have had it for nearly 3 years now. Nice piece of kit, could be improved in many ways but nothing about it is a deal breaker. It makes great meals, and perhaps my biggest complaint is that I like slow food cooking and the Blackstone (as well as other griddles) is hot, fast, and furious. So not really a knock on the BS per say, just the griddles in general. The Blackstone I would buy today, and I assume they still make it, is the unit with I think a 28” griddle and side burners. Much more useful than the air fryer units IMO.

This is the one I mentioned above. It comes with the deep fryer, but there are two burners powering the fryer than can be used as convention burners. I also like that the griddle has three burners-the two burner tube BS look like there could be hot/cold spots as mentioned above. No such problem with my 4-burner tube 36” unit.

I got The 30" Culinary Series for my 50th this year and I love it. It is not too big, side shelves fold down and it has a hood major +++ for me. Put the NG conversion in it and now my Weber Gasser has only been used 1X since I had this girl. I can't speak for CC but I'm sure from what I'm seeing they are a good option.

I love my 28"BS. It's a nice addition to my RT-340 and RT-700. It folds up like the RT-340 so I drag them up north with me all the time.

IMG_0334.jpeg

I have the Blackstone 17” Adventure ready with travel stand. Funny thing is I never travel! 🤣
I bought the 17” unit because I wasn’t sure I would like and use it. I do and do! I almost immediately wished I had gotten a bigger one. Now I want a 36” 4 burner. Ha! No luck finding one in stock locally. Don’t wait get a griddle. You’ll love it and use it a lot. No first hand experience with Camp Chef but from what I read they are a solid choice.
FD526A8C-7E0C-4818-98F1-8A8705216326.jpeg

My brother has this one and loves it. Walmart special. Local WM here north of the ATL had two in stock today when I walked through there…$274.

Blackstone ProSeries 2-Burner 28" Griddle Cooking Station with Hood​

A1E57770-404A-4BEC-85BB-5477E56FD27A.png

I have 3 friends with Blackstones and they all love them and recently another friend found a very similar item at Sams that I've not seen yet but he said it's definitely not made as well but it sure cooks good for him. Maybe give that a good look.

I have the 36” Blackstone for just over a year now, absolutely love it. Just last week I finally threw out my 2 burner Weber that I had for almost 17 years and have not used since I picked up the blackstone.

I have the BS 22" Adventure Ready with hood and stand. Good size, and I can take it with me. It just sits on the stand when needed. Or take it with you as a tailgater or tabletop griddle.

Here's a link. Got mine at Walmart. They have all the accessories too.

My brother has this one and loves it. Walmart special. Local WM here north of the ATL had two in stock today when I walked through there…$274.

View attachment 12357
This is what I was after but not to be found. I did the 22" an bought the cover ( highly recommend ), and built a cart for it.

Attachments

• 20200630_112525.jpg
    20200630_112525.jpg
    597.2 KB · Views: 78

View attachment 12357
This is the one that I have and I love it. The only thing I wish was different was the grease drain. I'm not a huge fan of the rear grease drain and would prefer a front grease tray like the Camp Chefs have. The only reason I went with Blackstone over the Camp Chef though was price.

I recently bought a Members Mark griddle from Sam's Club. I know it may not be the quality of a Blackstone, but for $300, I got a 36" griddle with 5 burners and a SS cabinet. Fold up shelves on each side, 2 drawers and a cabinet door to hide the propane tank. I love it so far. Now I cook breakfast outside, it is great for smash burgers, searing, etc. great addition, just running out of room.
RT700, Weber Gaser and now the flat top griddle...
1629817476538.png

This is what I love about this forum, great, honest feedback and help! I start my hunt!

Greetings, It has been a little over a year since I joined the forum, started my grilling journey and what a blast it has been!

I have gone from a newby to grilling 3-5 times a week and it is great! It really is a testimony to the grills and the members here at the forum that helped me through!

So, I started with a 590, then added a Bullseye. Love them both as they are both different. Tried to use the griddle with Bullseye, but that is a no go. Sooooo

Now I want to finish my trio off with a Blackstone. (Wife has formally agreed) I really dont want a large one, looking for a 2 burner, but I have notice some with air fryers. I am having a hard time finding them here locally south of the ATL.

Does anyone have any opinions? Is Blackstone the one? Any deals coming up Labor Day? Which one is the best? It is just the two of us.

As always trust you guys and appreciate your help so much!
I bought the Blackstone 36 inch last year from Walmart and don't regret getting the 36 over the smaller sizes. I used my friends Camp Chef before I bought the Blackstone and the front grease drain was terrible. The hole is too small and clogs up and the grease runs down the leg missing the container. That was the deal breaker for me. I really like the rear grease drain on the Blackstone, no mess and easy to use.

I recently bought a Members Mark griddle from Sam's Club. I know it may not be the quality of a Blackstone, but for $300, I got a 36" griddle with 5 burners and a SS cabinet. Fold up shelves on each side, 2 drawers and a cabinet door to hide the propane tank. I love it so far. Now I cook breakfast outside, it is great for smash burgers, searing, etc. great addition, just running out of room.
RT700, Weber Gaser and now the flat top griddle...
View attachment 12370
That looks like a pretty good deal

I got The 30" Culinary Series for my 50th this year and I love it. It is not too big, side shelves fold down and it has a hood major +++ for me. Put the NG conversion in it and now my Weber Gasser has only been used 1X since I had this girl. I can't speak for CC but I'm sure from what I'm seeing they are a good option.
That one looks great, but out of stock. I found a 28" 3 burner at ACE hardware but it is $499!!!!
Leaning toward the two burner at Walmart, it is in stock near the house.

Is there much difference cooking with a 2 burner vs 3 burner? I am happy with this one as long it will cook evenly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back