Stampede GMG pizza oven is awesome

We made 10 pizzas last weekend for a big family get together. I got it dialed in so when the smoker’s set at 450°, the oven and stone are right at 700° which is just perfect to get an even bake and nice leopard spotted bottom to the crust.
552016E6-2397-42D1-ACA5-97B1C391C5A6.jpeg

So…. What about tossing a steak in one of these bad boys? Or a pork chop. Bet it would be awesome.

So…. What about tossing a steak in one of these bad boys? Or a pork chop. Bet it would be awesome.
Well, there’s no where for the grease and fat to go, and it’s a very porous stone, so eh, I doubt it. Maybe with a pizza steel and somewhere for the grease to run off. Sounds like maybe a new product?

Well, there’s no where for the grease and fat to go, and it’s a very porous stone, so eh, I doubt it. Maybe with a pizza steel and somewhere for the grease to run off. Sounds like maybe a new product?
I’d think at those temps it wouldn’t matter with the grease. Or just pop a cast iron skillet in the the oven to contain the goodness?

I have tried pizza on the grill and never really happy overall with the results.
I do bake pizza's weekly in my oven using Emile Henry Pizza Stone. These are great and since are made from a high ceramic, they smoke like a normal stone tends to.

Anyways, it looks like GMG pizza oven would be perfect to use in the summer so I don't heat the house up. My 590 is on my upper deck, so my questions is where do you store it when not in use?

Best Greg

I have tried pizza on the grill and never really happy overall with the results.
I do bake pizza's weekly in my oven using Emile Henry Pizza Stone. These are great and since are made from a high ceramic, they smoke like a normal stone tends to.

Anyways, it looks like GMG pizza oven would be perfect to use in the summer so I don't heat the house up. My 590 is on my upper deck, so my questions is where do you store it when not in use?

Best Greg
I have a 1250 and leave the GMG pizza attachment on the smoker since I make pizzas more often. I keep the heat deflector, drip tray and both racks are on the bottom cart shelf.

I plan to put the pizza kit on my gas grill island or inside the gas grill if I need to smoke anything.

GMG pizza attachment is 20% off for $119.95 at participating GMG dealers. I called 4 dealers in my area and only 1 was participating.

https://greenmountaingrills.com/products/new-parts/accessories/wood-fired-pizza-attachment/

This place has open box ones for $95 shipped with coupon code winter10 (y)

They had demo units for $75 on e-Bay (same company).. I grabbed the last one the other day but maybe they will list more as they become available. Hoping it arrives in good shape. I'm ok with a demo if it is good for that price. I'm just gonna use it anyway.

E-Bay Listing

On Website

Any chance this pizza oven might fit the RT-340/Trailblazer? It is hard to get all the necessary measurements on the GMG unit to tell. Looks like it fits the RT-590 pretty well.

Any chance this pizza oven might fit the RT-340/Trailblazer? It is hard to get all the necessary measurements on the GMG unit to tell. Looks like it fits the RT-590 pretty well.
I doubt the one in this discussion will fit, but they do make a smaller one, though I have no idea if it'll fit a 340...Maybe call one the of dealers to see if they can measure one of their display model :unsure:

Last edited:
I doubt the one in this discussion will fit, but they do make a smaller one, though I have no idea if it'll fit a 340...Maybe call on the of dealers to see if they can measure one of their display model :unsure:
I’d have to agree with @pungo - I don’t know for certain but I cannot imagine the GMG oven would fit in the RT-340. I can’t even smoke a turkey breast in the RT-340 with the backbone side down. I have a Camp Chef pizza oven, and their is no way it would fit in a RT-340.

It does appear that GMG offers a “Wood-fired Pizza Attachment” for their Trek/Davy Crockett model which is just a bit smaller than the RT-340/Trailblazer. It is on sale through 2/28 for just pennies under $72. I’m wondering if this might be made to work on the RT-340. It might be worth $72 to find out.

I know a couple of folks with Davy Crocketts who would probably take it off my hands if it doesn’t work with the RT-340. Something to ponder.

I didn’t realize when I asked the question earlier that GMG made two versions of their pizza attachment. Checking further, I found that they do; one for the Trek/Davy Crockett and one for the Ledge/Daniel Boone and Peak/Jim Bowie models. Who knew?

I didn’t realize when I asked the question earlier that GMG made two versions of their pizza attachment. Checking further, I found that they do; one for the Trek/Davy Crockett and one for the Ledge/Daniel Boone and Peak/Jim Bowie models. Who knew?
Yeah, the 2 different sizes were discussed within this very thread. I even warned people they were linking the smaller one which does not fit the 590. But now you know 😲

Yeah, the 2 different sizes were discussed within this very thread. I even warned people they were linking the smaller one which does not fit the 590. But now you know 😲
I did see your reference to ”two models with the exact same part number,” but it was referenced as “old model” and “new model” rather than by grill model (Trek vs Ledge/Peak), so I didn’t realize that they fit different size grills. No worries; got it all sorted out now.

I did see your reference to ”two models with the exact same part number,” but it was referenced as “old model” and “new model” rather than by grill model (Trek vs Ledge/Peak), so I didn’t realize that they fit different size grills. No worries; got it all sorted out now.
I never mentioned 2 models with the same #, only the "small" one someone linked was not for for the 590. Good you got it sorted out...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back