Girlfriend dumped me and Another Kurobuta Berkshire shoulder on.

JohnDS

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Just wanted to share a couple of pics as I have a Kurobuta Berkshire shoulder on the RT700 for today. Looks like I'll have a lot of left over since the girlfriend broke up with me after Christmas.

She said something about me not listening to her enough? Idk, I wasn't really paying attention.

Just kidding. Gold star for whoever knows what movie that was from. But she really did break up with me, 🙄 and looks like I'll be stuck here tending to this thing for the night.

20211231_054601.jpg
20211231_073335.jpg
20211231_111704.jpg

Just wanted to share a couple of pics as I have a Kurobuta Berkshire shoulder on the RT700 for today. Looks like I'll have a lot of left over since the girlfriend broke up with me after Christmas.

She said something about me not listening to her enough? Idk, I wasn't really paying attention.

Just kidding. Gold star for whoever knows what movie that was from. But she really did break up with me, 🙄 and looks like I'll be stuck here tending to this thing for the night.
Pics of ex girlfriend?

Is movie Dumb and Dumber??

So on at 6am just pulled off now. Usually when I do shoulders, including the previous Kurobuta Berkshire, I let it go naked the whole time because I like the way the bark forms. This time I wrapped in butcher paper at about 160°, and left it wrapped until 203°. Right now I'm letting sit on counter to cool. I opened the butcher paper and it completely ruined any bark. It's like complete moosh. 😡

So on at 6am just pulled off now. Usually when I do shoulders, including the previous Kurobuta Berkshire, I let it go naked the whole time because I like the way the bark forms. This time I wrapped in butcher paper at about 160°, and left it wrapped until 203°. Right now I'm letting sit on counter to cool. I opened the butcher paper and it completely ruined any bark. It's like complete moosh. 😡

Send it over to the Ex..

Send it over to the Ex..
Lmao. I could probably crisp it up a bit, but idk if any of you cooked one of these before, but the meat itself is so tender even without wrapping. You can't even pick it up without it turning into pulled pork.

Update: I take it back. After letting it rest unwrapped for a tiny bit(as usual people are impatient)🙄🙄🙄. A 13 hour cook and they want to tear into it within minutes coming off the grill, they just never understand.🙄🙄🙄 Nevertheless, it did firm up a little. Although not crispy, it was still really good. Apologize for the lame photo, looked a lot better before wrapping.🤷‍♂️ Amazingly tender and juicy.

Attachments

• 20211231_210112.jpg
    20211231_210112.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:
I know a lot of people talk about wrapping shoulders/butts, but just like in real life I prefer them exposed for the duration.

Sorry, but someone had to say that.

I think maybe I'll take a pork shoulder and cut it into about 1 1/2" thick and do a "bark only" smoke.

I think a girl named Ashley just became available per another thread. Might be worth looking into. If I wasn't still married to my first wife, I'd be interested myself...in Ashley.

Dang,
Sorry to hear about your woes, but at least you had a good dinner!
Best Greg

Sounds like the beginnings of a good country song.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back