Game day eats... What's on?

Bullporky

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
It feels like fall here in the Pittsburgh area, so I'll be pulling the tv out to the patio, starting a fire in the pit, and enjoying some chili and smoked queso from Bull-Porky! What about you?
PXL_20201018_155912035.jpg
PXL_20201018_155851436.jpg

PXL_20201018_160121179.jpg

What about me? I’m just waiting for your address! Looks great, enjoy.

I‘m fixing an uneventful brunch menu on the Bullseye now, but later I’ll be spatchcocking a chicken on a salt block. First time for doing that.

@Bullporky , got any proportions on that queso? I see Velveeta, salsa verde, salsa roja, and....? Is that bacon in the back? What's the white cubed cheese? I've got a brisket cook coming up, and would love a brisket version of that next weekend!

For me today, first batch of wings on the Bull......going to go for 1 hour on LOW, then 425 until done.

R

@rgreenberg2000 - nothing fancy 😎

1lb of velveeta
8oz cream cheese
8oz cooked chorizo
1 can of rotel tomatoes and peppers
1 can of roasted green chilies
1 onion
A bit of chipotle powder sprinkles over the top
A bit of anchor chili powder on top as well

Smoking at 250° for 90-120minutes and stir every 5-10 min using a homemade blend of char-hickory, apple, and a bit of mesquite.

Key is use good quality spices (Penzeys as an example) and it's great.

Hope it helps. RecTeq has a recipe as do a bunch of others. I just tweak to what tates good.

The queso is FANTASTIC but I think I'd tweak it to 8oz of velveeta and add a can of campbell's cheddar cheese sauce.

The onions cooked up perfect and the combo was great.

Make sure you leave the juices from the cans in when making it. Was creamy and delicious.

The queso is FANTASTIC but I think I'd tweak it to 8oz of velveeta and add a can of campbell's cheddar cheese sauce.

The onions cooked up perfect and the combo was great.

Make sure you leave the juices from the cans in when making it. Was creamy and delicious.
Thanks for that update. I was thinking along the lines of reducing the velveeta a bit and maybe adding some smoked gouda, and/or sharp cheddar. Needs a bit more sharpness/zing. :)

R

Today will be Queso dip (thanks Bull porky) and wings!!!

Happy cooking and hope you enjoy it! I'd suggest giving the revised version with the cheese soup a shot as it was super thick once taken off the heat.

Good luck and post pics!

I went with cream cheese, had that on hand. Should be ready soon!!! Just in time for kickoff!!

I-O!
Wings and queso came out great. I did not do the spices, since family doesn't like as much spice as I do. Did enough queso for tomorrow's games also!

Attachments

• IMG_8554.jpg
    IMG_8554.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_8555.jpg
    IMG_8555.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_8552.jpg
    IMG_8552.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 69
Today was 2 cooks: burnt ends from a slightly disappointing brisket cook, and a "tri-tip roast" that I picked up on a whim. Good eats and leftovers for later in the week. (Not sure about the cut, wasn't what I recognize as tri-tip but still tasty).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back