Bullseye froze auger

kwalker201

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
4 months old and useless junk! I have followed every YouTube video and CS suggestions and still nothing. I’m am out of ideas other than big trash pickup day

At “4 months old,” I’d be on RT’s case to send me a new one…unless, you did something that contributed to the problem, like leaving it out in the weather uncovered.

its been covered since the day I bought this pos
You need to be in serious discussion with Recteq. If the customer service rep you talk to can’t (or won’t) give you some help, ask for a supervisor or manager. Push the problem up the line until you get someone who has the authority to make things right.

My Trailblazer has never jammed in nearly two years of use, so something is not right.

You can always give Ray or Ron a call. If they can’t/won’t help you then the trash may be your only option. In the past those guys have taken care of issues that CS couldn’t or wouldn’t. I don’t know how connected they are to the day to day stuff anymore.

I’ve tried everything. One CS told me to go to Lowe’s and buy a strainer basket wrench. But it’s just bends it breaks everything

I also own a Bulls-Eye, and have had a pellet jam also before. I did a write-up on my "journey", and it was reasonably detailed about disassembly and such. It is a total abortion of a chore to resolve, and you truly only want it to happen to you, ONCE. You pretty much have to disassemble the left side of the grill. Unless you have small kids around, I would also suggest that you leave the hopper grate removed. It makes vacuuming out the hopper a lot easier. Good Luck !! I have my T-Shirt.... Keep us posted.

If you got nothing else, I unjammed mine by starting a handful of pellets, set the pid to full so the fans are running and then fill the burn pot. It dries things out, creates a back burn and for me freed up the auger and it worked normally.

Mine is in the BT-380 section, back in 2021. Good Luck again. You can do a search on my name. None of us enjoy "pellet mud", trust me...

If you live in a humid environment and don't use it for 4 months I suggest whats already been said to remove the safety grate, vacuum out all the pellets, then run the auger in test mode, then vacuum all the pellets out of the firepot. IMO all a cover does is trap moisture under it and hold it there. Leave the cover off unless it's going to rain/snow. Then remove the cover after the storm has passed.
You may think removing the auger an impossible task but many before you have done it.

Yes, I tried that from DRG Custom video. Only thing left is placing a stick of dynamite in the dang thing LOL
Good Times Nostalgia GIF by Sony Pictures Television

I've gotten my bullseye auger stuck a few times. I actually forgot to cover last night and it rained so I'm hoping it is ok, I'll have to see tonight.

The times mine has gotten stuck, it has been a big pain the ass. The pellets were still slightly damp so I ended up using a broken down clothes hanger to get in there and dig out as much as I can.

I also would go into test mode over and over and over and too many to type....to put in pellet feed mode. EAch time it would slightly slightly turn and then get stuck again. I just had to keep digging and doing this. I also cleaned out all pellets in the hopper. If the pellets got hard like a rock, you will need to somehow soften them up with some hot water. Maybe a spray bottle? Idk b/c I haven't had to do that.

If you are talking with Ray, he will get your taken care of one way or another.

And if it was covered and you are somehow getting water in there, that would be a mystery to me, not sure how that could happen.

Well I have tried every option that has been giving to me. I’m am so frustrated with this POS that I’m thinking of just taking it the curb for big trash day and say goodbye and good riddance.

Well I have tried every option that has been giving to me. I’m am so frustrated with this POS that I’m thinking of just taking it the curb for big trash day and say goodbye and good riddance.
I'd love to buy it, if you were only closer

It is now in the back of a trash truck. Today was large bulk item day. I didn’t even wave goodbye

It is now in the back of a trash truck. Today was large bulk item day. I didn’t even wave goodbye
Well, I hope that made you feel better. Is that what Ray suggested? Did RT make things right and tell you to trash it? Seems like there would be at least some parts value to it. I'm thinking there has to be more to this story.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back