Front shelf

Arlette

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-300
Wanting to add a front shelf on my 340….not an accessory on RecTeq site.
any ideas….? DIY? Any help appreciated.

I place my 340 on a portable metal table with removable legs. So no shelf needed. Sorry I’m sure not what your looking for. But Traeger has numerous bolt on ones

I installed this shelf earlier this year. I got the brackets from Amazon and the shelf from Webrestaurantstore.

The shelf comes with welded on studs, but they wouldn't work with the brackets I got. I was able to get some small flat brackets and put in some studs and connect onto them, that way I didn't have to drill into the shelf. It is a nice piece of stainless.

shelf 3.jpg

Shelf 2.jpg

The shelf works great and is pretty darn sturdy, plus it cleans up real easy.

As mentioned, brackets from the jungle company and a wood shelf. You can buy a stair tread at home depot that only needs to cut off or you can make your own.
1633278262522.jpeg

I installed this shelf earlier this year. I got the brackets from Amazon and the shelf from Webrestaurantstore.

The shelf comes with welded on studs, but they wouldn't work with the brackets I got. I was able to get some small flat brackets and put in some studs and connect onto them, that way I didn't have to drill into the shelf. It is a nice piece of stainless.

View attachment 13019

View attachment 13020

The shelf works great and is pretty darn sturdy, plus it cleans up real easy.
@Bytor I know you posted this 4 months ago, and the shelf looks great! Can you please tell me with the shelf folded down, does it obstruct or prevent he legs from folding in all the way? Also, the small flat brackets, did you just find something that works at the hardware store? Thanks for posting this, much appreciated!

@DaveKWood thanks! I haven't collapsed the legs in since I installed the shelf, however I believe the shelf would prevent the legs from folding in.

I got the brackets at home depot in the aisle that has the small door/gate type hinges and hardware.

@DaveKWood thanks! I haven't collapsed the legs in since I installed the shelf, however I believe the shelf would prevent the legs from folding in.

I got the brackets at home depot in the aisle that has the small door/gate type hinges and hardware.
Thank you for the update, much appreciated.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back