Stampede Front shelf thoughts

Bbqallday80

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
So I got my 590 a few days before Christmas and they didn’t have any of the front shelves in stock. Now that they do, what are your opinions on if it’s worth the extra 100 bucks. Thanks everyone

Depending on your use of the stock shelf, it may or may not be very useful. It's very shallow and when you consider the horns are in the way, there's very little usable space. Take a look at all the great shelves people on here made for a fraction the cost of the tiny stock one :unsure:

IMG_3468.JPG

I have the Bull and built one from a stainless kitchen wall shelf with the folding brackets. It was less back then about a year ago so tough call now if I would do the same.

What I like about it is the lip on the grill side will stop anything from contacting the grill for the most part.

Shelf

My Shelf Build Post

But yes, I use it every time I use the grill. Very handy... I think I would get frustrated if I did not have one.

Here is what it looks like

shelf.jpeg

thats a great looking boat sdynak! good choice on the yamaha also

Thanks.. that is a 200 on her and is a tri-toon. Got her 2014 so getting up there in age already but she sits on a lift during the season and is babied.

Here is a pic of her first coming home back then. I don't even look at boats any more. Love it. Maybe I should swap the gasser on the back with a 340 lol.

IMG_0695.jpeg

thats a beautiful boat! tritoons have excellent performance also! my son is 3 now and i want to get a nice boat in 2-3 more years for the family. i have a classic sc redneck boat now lol. i will definitely be keeping it for years though. it has a 2015 mercury thats been flawless so far. i got it all new and have kept the maintenance up. thats my favorite picture of it
3CD70FE1-3040-4DD8-9DDF-1B700E070FCE.jpeg

thats a beautiful boat! tritoons have excellent performance also! my son is 3 now and i want to get a nice boat in 2-3 more years for the family. i have a classic sc redneck boat now lol. i will definitely be keeping it for years though. it has a 2015 mercury thats been flawless so far. i got it all new and have kept the maintenance up. thats my favorite picture of it View attachment 14531

Nice catch you have there and with an ear to ear smile!

That is a nice looking ride also :). I guess you do some night boating?

Nice catch you have there and with an ear to ear smile!

That is a nice looking ride also :). I guess you do some night boating?
yeah most of my riding is in the dark going hunting or starting early fishing. when fishing i like to have my bait caught before sunrise. that was the heaviest deer i ever killed. 212lbs is a giant body in sc

yeah most of my riding is in the dark going hunting or starting early fishing. when fishing i like to have my bait caught before sunrise. that was the heaviest deer i ever killed. 212lbs is a giant body in sc

212lbs is a big boy anywhere :) .. You handled him yourself?

thats a beautiful boat! tritoons have excellent performance also! my son is 3 now and i want to get a nice boat in 2-3 more years for the family. i have a classic sc redneck boat now lol. i will definitely be keeping it for years though. it has a 2015 mercury thats been flawless so far. i got it all new and have kept the maintenance up. thats my favorite picture of it View attachment 14531
What kind of bait did you use?

I have the Bull and built one from a stainless kitchen wall shelf with the folding brackets. It was less back then about a year ago so tough call now if I would do the same.

What I like about it is the lip on the grill side will stop anything from contacting the grill for the most part.

Shelf

My Shelf Build Post

But yes, I use it every time I use the grill. Very handy... I think I would get frustrated if I did not have one.

Here is what it looks like

View attachment 14526
That looks awesome

i wish it was grate height. another option is a rolling cart or table? i recently got a tool box from home depot to store accessories but its a great shelf also. and is same height as the grates. its a cheap tool box $129 plus 20 for wood top so close to the price of a shelf. it looks shorter in the picture i was wrapping ribs in but you can see the height next to grill in other picture.
767EA8AF-890B-4C3C-AA18-16FC43059F5E.jpeg
15254FF2-51B4-436F-9DC0-8EDD4E167FA2.jpeg

So I got my 590 a few days before Christmas and they didn’t have any of the front shelves in stock. Now that they do, what are your opinions on if it’s worth the extra 100 bucks. Thanks everyone
I'm on the same time line as you, but I haven't seen that the shelf for the 590 is back in stock. I've signed up as an Insider til I'm blue in the face. Did you call in to order? I just looked and it's "sold out" on the web page. Thx.

I'm on the same time line as you, but I haven't seen that the shelf for the 590 is back in stock. I've signed up as an Insider til I'm blue in the face. Did you call in to order? I just looked and it's "sold out" on the web page. Thx.
I looked last week and saw it in stock but now saying out of stock. Hoping I can get directions and everything needed to make one. Being disabled my wife does all the handy work.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back