Front Shelf Hits Angled Legs

Hilbe

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
Anyone else have their front shelf hit the angled legs when you collapse it down?

Thinking about designing a stopper or contact point to prevent damaging the legs paint.

I made about 5 prototypes to solve it this morning. Hated them all. Back to the drawing board. I want something that'll mount underneath and not be seen.

Printing another prototype now....

I'll have this solved this weekend. Creating a stopper that mounts to the metal below the shelf. Should work well if I can work out the fitment.

Got it done. What a pain, but I have a stopper in place now.

IMG_4207.jpg

IMG_4209.jpg

IMG_4210.jpg

You asked a question earlier, but I just now had the opportunity to look at mine. The Bull bracket looks very similar, probably the same, as what you have posted.

Attachments

• A2E945FC-B6D7-4E2D-9831-17D972EC56BF.jpeg
    A2E945FC-B6D7-4E2D-9831-17D972EC56BF.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 66
You asked a question earlier, but I just now had the opportunity to look at mine. The Bull bracket looks very similar, probably the same, as what you have posted.
Where is your rubber stop?

All I did was, angle the bottom of the shelf brackets slightly and mine doesn’t fold all the down

KISS method; just stick on a couple felt furniture protectors. The things you put on the bottom of chairs and such to keep from scratching wood floors. I also use them on the lid stops.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back