Stampede Free cover for RT-590

Bodacious

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
Hello all! I’ve recently added a side burner to my 590, now the cover doesn’t fit. It’s only a few months old and in perfect shape. I’d love to mail the cover to someone who can use it. I’ll pay shipping, just give me your address. I’ll send it to the first responder.

Man I can’t believe I missed this! They have been out of stock and my 590 came in last Tuesday. That was awesome if you to do OP! And how did you put a side burner on your 590? I’m still new to this lol.

For the side burner, I got a Camp Chef BBQ Sear Box. I removed the handle from the right side of the 590, made a template of the holes on the Sear Box, and drilled holes in the 590. The grease trap on the Sear Box sits just above the grease chute on the 590. Propane tank just sits on the deck so far. I love it! Great for reverse searing steaks and burgers.

For the side burner, I got a Camp Chef BBQ Sear Box. I removed the handle from the right side of the 590, made a template of the holes on the Sear Box, and drilled holes in the 590. The grease trap on the Sear Box sits just above the grease chute on the 590. Propane tank just sits on the deck so far. I love it! Great for reverse searing steaks and burgers.

Love the idea.. I just don't know if I could drill holes in my Bull :unsure:

I’ve only had it for like a week and a half. I don’t think I could stomach drilling Holes in it lol. Your brave!

I was also going to install the Camp Chef Sidekick on the 590 but then after some research found that you can get the Camp Chef Pro 30X and just leave it on the side of the 590. The 30X accepts all the Camp Chef 14” accessories like the grill box, griddle and even pizza maker. I actually ended up getting the Pro 60X for the 2 burners. Nice thing is I can even use things like a wok or big pot for seafood boils. I think for those just wanting the ability to sear and don’t want to drill/modify the grill, the one burner 30X and grill box would work.

I was also going to install the Camp Chef Sidekick on the 590 but then after some research found that you can get the Camp Chef Pro 30X and just leave it on the side of the 590. The 30X accepts all the Camp Chef 14” accessories like the grill box, griddle and even pizza maker. I actually ended up getting the Pro 60X for the 2 burners. Nice thing is I can even use things like a wok or big pot for seafood boils. I think for those just wanting the ability to sear and don’t want to drill/modify the grill, the one burner 30X and grill box would work.
Any pictures?

Attachments

• 5873B60E-DDB7-4A8D-A689-99D6116D8AF4.jpeg
    5873B60E-DDB7-4A8D-A689-99D6116D8AF4.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 120
  • D4A1BE24-9FD9-44B9-A9D8-DFECF8B62587.jpeg
    D4A1BE24-9FD9-44B9-A9D8-DFECF8B62587.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 103
  • 9B0EAF68-C0C8-42CC-8408-BD904725AC12.jpeg
    9B0EAF68-C0C8-42CC-8408-BD904725AC12.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 119
  • FEC3741C-96A9-4AA4-80AE-98E947D83117.jpeg
    FEC3741C-96A9-4AA4-80AE-98E947D83117.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 114
I’ve only had it for like a week and a half. I don’t think I could stomach drilling Holes in it lol. Your brave!
It did hurt for a minute to see those holes in all of that perfect stainless steel. But I was more than happy with it after the burner was mounted. No regrets! The only thing that bothers me is the cover not fitting tightly. It gets bunchy and holds rainwater. Oh well, just something else to figure out!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 86
It did hurt for a minute to see those holes in all of that perfect stainless steel. But I was more than happy with it after the burner was mounted. No regrets! The only thing that bothers me is the cover not fitting tightly. It gets bunchy and holds rainwater. Oh well, just something else to figure out!
I had to re-read the post. I thought you had installed an afterburner (y)

I think it helps me knowing it would not work well on the Bull with the stack.. I can ease my desire to have this and stress of drilling the Bull ;). Guess I have to keep using the Weber gasser.

Another Pro for the 590

Are there any stability issues with the Sear Box or is a solid attachment to the 590? Will the propane tank fit on the shelf underneath the 590?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HunterC
Back