Bullseye Found this in the hopper today.

I hate to hear this, I have two Recteq grills, the 590 and Bullseye. Have had for 3 years and honestly never had an issue. That being said I do keep my grills covered and under cover. I actually cleaned my Bullseye for the first time yesterday, then cooked some outside skirt steak tonight, it was a rockstar.

I think they have a chart they use to make up excuses. Pick a part from columnA pick a condition from columnB, maybe throw in an accessory from columnC - and then blame the customer.

I've got a 1070 which is as waterproof as a colander. So if I grill my dinner, and let it get rained on overnight - then I won't get an auger jam. Sounds great! (except for the overflowing grease catch draining onto my paver patio, and a wet firepot with wet pellets)
I am wrestling with the same problem. Rain gets in the back vents. Fire box was soaked, water all in electrical box, and down in the cabinet below. Argh. All this led to a short in the blower motor for fire box. Recteq was happy to send me a new blower motor, which is great, but I am concerned for the next time it rains. I shelled out the $70 for a cover but that doesn't seem like the ultimate solution. Seems like the grill should be waterproof.

I posted about the RecTec covers....they are not waterproof and my 1070 got really wet after a basic rain. Bought some tent repellant, sprayed the entire inside. Double sprayed the seams. Been dry under the cover ever since.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back