Stampede Food probes not working

Moose3356

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Got my 590 about 3 months ago. Both probes have stopped working both read 29 degrees, tried to tighten the nuts on the front with no change. Called customer support and they are sending me replacements. Is this normal or did I just get bad ones. Both worked for a little while.

Get the upgraded probes on Amazon… inexpensive and better bud.

Got my 590 about 3 months ago. Both probes have stopped working both read 29 degrees, tried to tighten the nuts on the front with no change. Called customer support and they are sending me replacements. Is this normal or did I just get bad ones. Both worked for a little while.
They're kind of fragile. Don't bend or kink the cable. Keep the cable dry when washing.
@BigDan makes a good point!

Last edited:
I know I’m on a fishing trip but did they get submerged in water at all? They are especially senstive to water intrusion at the point where the cable is inserted into the probe‘s base. Why companies don’t hermetically seal their probe connections like we do in the aerospace and auto industries is beyond me. Another thing to be aware of is pinching. Especially under the grates or in the lid. One good pinch and they’re done.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back