Trailblazer Food Probe Issues

John.

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
I've noticed an issues with my "B" probe while cooking. At times, the temperature will rise over 100 degrees just on probe "B" and eventually returns to expected temps after messing with it, unplugging, reinserting. I've swapped probes, replaced probes, and it still does it. Before I look into replacing the controller, I thought I'd see if others have seen this. Thanks.

John
RT340

Make sure the nut that secures the probe port is tight. Sometimes they come a little loose or loosen over time and will give you wonky readings.

IF it continues, contact support. They'll send out a new probe if its just a wonky probe.

I've had some intermittent temp fluctuations, typically reinsert probe connector fixed. However, the probe ended up giving out. RT sent me a new one at no charge. New one is longer which I really like. That one I now use on the item closest to the stack.

If you swapped them and port B is still acting up it’s either the nut isn’t tight, or the controller needs to be replaced.

I noted mine was doing the same thing yesterday. I'm not sure of the connection, but I'll check my nuts.
Another PSA brought to you by Jigsaw:
NutsImg.jpg

So....A guy goes to buy a dog for hunting ducks. He talks to the breeder/trainer and the breeder says the dog is fully trained for hunting, and he breeds the best and most pure breed hunting dogs available. So the guy drops $3000 on the dog and he and the dog head home.

The next day, the guy goes hunting with the dog. He shoots a duck, and it falls in the lake. The dog jumps into the water and sinks like a rock. The hunter dives in to save the dog.

Angry, he immediately drives the dog back to the breeder and explains what happened. The breeder lifts up the dogs tail and looks at his butt. "I see the problem, let me fix this for you". He reaches down and grabs the dog by the nuts and twists them around 3 or times. While doing this, the dogs butthole starts tighten up.

He looks at the hunter and apologizes. "Sorry, Man. I had him adjusted for quail".

Not sure if this is a freak thing, a coincidence, or what but I also noticed, after tightening the nuts, that I had to readjusted the temperature offset back to zero. It's been set to +12 for the longest time to keep the temperature set to what an external thermometer said it was. Who knew :)

I've never used the probes either. I like using my stand alone devices (signals or igrill, depending on what I am doing).

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back