RT-1250 Foil / No Foil on 1250 Drip Tray Debate Thread

Curious why you won't use it on Full. Just assembled my 1250 yesterday and my wife did a pizza in 8 minutes at about 740f. It was amazing.
Every tool in your toolbox has a specific purpose, the 700, in my toolbox is used for smoking at lower temps and the occasional pizza cooks at 500º. If you subject your smoker to high heat it will eventually break down quicker (hi-temp sealants, powder coating, etc). I for one do not want to have to tear apart my smoker and send parts out to be re-powder-coated. That is why I will never turn up my smoker to full, EVER! I have many tools in my toolbox and each one is used for a certain style of cooking.

In my opinion, the foil vs no foil mostly comes down to how you use your Bull. If you grill and smoke, I would recommend no foil. If you are (for the most part) just smoking on your Bull, foil is the way to go. I rarely get my Bull over 400. Usually just to finish after chicken wings after smoking them. I sometimes cook pizza on my Bull but I mostly use my Bullseye for pizza with a pizza stone. Though if I am cooking a deep dish pizza, I will use the Bull and if the foil is messy from a previous cook, I will replace.

So if I only had my Bull without the Bullseye, I most likely would of become a non-foiler and would scape but to this day almost 4 years later with my Bull, I still foil.

So, all you scrapers - where do you scrape to? I peel off the whole mess into a grease burrito and stuff it into the kitchen garbage. I'm on a paver patio - so just scraping off to the side isn't an option. Do you scrape into the grill and then shopvac? Big garbage can nearby? Been foiling, probably going to keep foiling - just wanted to know (instead of why) how you do it.

So, all you scrapers - where do you scrape to? I peel off the whole mess into a grease burrito and stuff it into the kitchen garbage. I'm on a paver patio - so just scraping off to the side isn't an option. Do you scrape into the grill and then shopvac? Big garbage can nearby? Been foiling, probably going to keep foiling - just wanted to know (instead of why) how you do it.
I live on a piece of land with multiple ash trees that are slowly dying from the emerald ash borer. I have a burn pit that gets used weekly. For the drip pan and the grease buckets residue, that’s where my my grease goes. However, If I didn’t have that luxury I would scrape it into the kitchen trash bag, freeze the grease bucket collection, and put it all at the curb each week. I don’t see the disposal as a problem, as regardless of foil or no foil, the waste needs to go somewhere.

I scrape the drip pan into a trash bag once every 2-3 cooks. I went the "foil-less" route since Day 1. To me, it is much easier to scrape than deal with the foil mess.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back