FNG from Texas

Thank you, I'm glad I found you all. I'd been thinking about buying a RecTec for years, almost sold my family and bought a Yoder, came to my senses and bought the Bull. Can't wait to set her up and start smoking. Thursday can't get here soon enough.

Welcome to the family and thank you for your service. I‘m relatively new but I hope you find this site as friendly and packed with information as I have.

Last edited:
Greetings from Central Texas. I'm so new that my RT-700 hasn't even arrived yet (2 more days!). Looking forward to getting to know everyone.
D07F5ACB-EA1F-4330-85F0-44E556BCF091.jpeg

Thanks - nice set up! Our yard is too filled up with structures according to the city (somebody added onto this house before we bought it and it takes up most of the lot) so I'm going to have to cook exposed on our side deck and then roll it up onto one of our covered side porches when I'm not using it.

When I ordered, they didn't have the folding shelf and I was getting ready to pull the trigger on that one. Worth it? I'm also thinking about the large inner shelf... Any opinions on that?

It'll be here tomorrow between 10 and 4. Can't friggin' wait!

Front folding shelf is very useful and well worth it. Folks have varying opinions on the interior shelf. I have the large one and like it. Some folks have used two small ones instead of one large one. The grill mats are helpful for some cooks. We use them a lot for salmon.

Front folding shelf is very useful and well worth it. Folks have varying opinions on the interior shelf. I have the large one and like it. Some folks have used two small ones instead of one large one. The grill mats are helpful for some cooks. We use them a lot for salmon.
Thanks - I think I'm going to order them. After reading Meatheads book, I ordered some Grill Grates. I'm pretty excited about cooking some Ribeyes on them.

I did some KC Strips on my 590 with GrillGrates and they were perfect. Since then I've done ribeyes as well and it's the best steak I've ever had.

Attachments

• 20200824_185000.jpg
    20200824_185000.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 68
Welcome from Ohio, you'll like it here... and yes, I know that feeling of anticipation, it was like waiting for Christmas morning as a child. Every truck I'd hear going up and down the street sent me running towards the front door. I really love mine and I use it A LOT. My wife really likes it too, since I'm working from home right now I have dinner ready for her pretty much every evening when she gets home. :p🥓🥩🍗🍔🍕🌮🍖🍺

I got it today - the UPS driver was almost more excited than I was! I opened the door and he yelled "Joel! You got your grill!" Nice guy. I dragged from the driveway and into our back/side yard to begin putting it together. I'm impressed with the size of the wheels and the quality of them on the comp cart. It had some scratches that penetrated the powdercoat - I plan on calling them tomorrow to see if they can recommend a touch-up paint. I had a moment of panic because they labeled all of the bolts and everything but never referred to them in the instructions. Then I realized the smaller ones were for the original stand.

I put it all together without much of a hitch until I tried to pair the wifi. The app store wanted my password to be able to download but it wasn't working. So I reset it about 4 times before I was able to get it to work. The router we have is a Velop system and I had set it to mix the 2.4 and 5 signals together. Separating it was a real butt because I couldn't remember the password. I had it send me a password to reset but my mail program wanted to reauthenticate with the apple store and the password was screwing up again. Somehow I got it to work and only punched my laptop twice. I think

I spent an hour and half just getting the router fixed to allow two separate signals.
After that, I did the seasoning. Learned a big lesson when I dumped the whole bag of pellets and covered everything in pellet dust. This is my life.

Wifi controlling works great. I did a couple ribeyes on it and they were full of flavor - much better than when I've cooked them on my weber gas grill. Maybe a little too smokey. I did the Meathead 225 degree thing until they hit 110, then I cranked it up, opened the lid, and put them on my GrillGrates (I had them over to the side and were in for whole cook. To lesson the smokiness, I think I'll go the Franklin way and cook them at 275 then sear them off. No pics because we were so hungry, we ate them before I could take a picture.

I have 4lbs of Dino Ribs that I plan on getting on early in the morning tomorrow. I'll report back with the results.

It had some scratches that penetrated the powdercoat - I plan on calling them tomorrow to see if they can recommend a touch-up paint.

When I unpackaged my comp cart it had two or three scratches down to bare metal. I called customer service and they sent out some touch up paint...worked great.

When I unpackaged my comp cart it had two or three scratches down to bare metal. I called customer service and they sent out some touch up paint...worked great.
That's good to hear. I figured they would probably do that. Sounds like a good company.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back