Fluctuating Temperature

WestCoastManz

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
Hi There,

After months of deliberation I finally purchased the Bullseye. I am using Recteq Pellets and I'm dealing with wild fluctuation on my grill. Setting it for 450 just to see if it can hold a temperature and it's been all over the place for the last hour from 259 to 700 back to 450. Any suggestions?

First of all welcome to the forum. Are you having these fluctuations on your burn in cook or on cooks since then? If you are on your first 2 or 3 cooks take notes about what is going on but usually it takes those first couple of cooks to settle in. If it continues you have notes to contact customer service with.

You might also try another bag of pellets. If the bag you are using has a little moisture in it that will cause havoc with temps.

Good luck. The Bullseye is a really good grill. Stick with it and get it working right and you’ll love it.

This was happening on my burn in cook. I'll be seasoning my circular griddle today at 200 so I'll be on the lookout for anymore fluctuations. This was really good advice thanks!

That sounds pretty suspicious. My 700 never had that kind of fluctuation. Mine has been solid as a rock since day 1. Neither did my 2 friends on their 590 and 680.

I would call in to support on this.

You will love your Recteq. They have a great reputation for a reason. Their quality is top notch, though there is always the possibility of a one-off problem. Recteq's support is renowned and I'm sure they'll help you get to the bottom of this. Don't give up hope.

Just as a follow up I've been seasoning my griddle for the last 3 hours and it's held pretty steady at 200 and now 400 I think I just needed to get used to everything. Now, how do I get rid of the smoke induced tarnish?

Good to hear. The bullseye seems to take a little longer to dial. It will fluctuate a little more than the other grills due to shape and the thinner metal.

As @Buckeye1 said the Bullseyes behave a lot differently than the other grills so fluctuations, at least in the initial burns, are common.

I cleaned the the tarnish with stainless steel cleaner/polish after a few cooks and it hasn’t come back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back