Stampede Flat top griddle tips

Suspect

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-680
New to the forum and RecTeq. Sorry if anything like this is posted but I didn't see it anywhere. I got the 590 and the large flat top griddle. I seasoned the griddle up and then did some smash burgers last night. I only cooked up 5 so the grease wasn't too heavy, but I could see it being an issue with a few pounds of bacon. Any tips on emptying grease off of it without causing a huge mess? Especially mid-cook?

New to the forum and RecTeq. Sorry if anything like this is posted but I didn't see it anywhere. I got the 590 and the large flat top griddle. I seasoned the griddle up and then did some smash burgers last night. I only cooked up 5 so the grease wasn't too heavy, but I could see it being an issue with a few pounds of bacon. Any tips on emptying grease off of it without causing a huge mess? Especially mid-cook?
I use lots of paper towels to soak it up before cleaning.

That's what I was thinking, it's just a little inconvenient mid cook. Be nice if they would make a little funnel to hang off the front to easily (and cleanly) till and drain while protecting the exterior from splash back. Might have to manufacture something...

I use a Weber grill grate with cast iron inserts in my bullseye. It covers everything from steaks to bacon. Use Lumberjack Char Hickory pellets only to get as close to charcoal as possible. for larger cooks I use my Blackstone.

77D58574-E5DF-48CD-86B2-F2B84480E29D.jpeg

89731CCA-ABE3-40B3-800F-14C874B6AB10.jpeg

Drill hole on one side with small tin underneath on grease tray. Collect and reuse that bacon grease.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back