Trailblazer Fish smoking question

TomatoBob

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
I am relatively new to the pellet smoking game. My son-in-law has a lot of experience, mostly with a Traeger. He told me to avoid cooking fish on my new grill because the fish oils remain in the oven tainting future meats with an unpleasant fish smell. Does anyone know if this is true?

I would think that if cooking fish does leave behind a smell, a bit of time at a high temperature would cleanse any residual odors. What do you think?

I did a Costco salmon fillet for my second cook on my RT-590, and about halfway through had the same concern. Thankfully turned out not to be an issue, and no lingering fish odor. Just be sure to use aluminum foil on the drip tray so you can easily toss out any fishy grease when done.

I am relatively new to the pellet smoking game. My son-in-law has a lot of experience, mostly with a Traeger. He told me to avoid cooking fish on my new grill because the fish oils remain in the oven tainting future meats with an unpleasant fish smell. Does anyone know if this is true?

I would think that if cooking fish does leave behind a smell, a bit of time at a high temperature would cleanse any residual odors. What do you think?
This is fake news. :D I've cooked fish on many different grills including the kitchen oven and have never a after taste on the next cook.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back