Bull First try Beef short ribs on the Rt-700

Jsin357

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
After cutting the grass this morning I have a taste for some beef ribs. I remember buying 2 packs for the 4th that I didn't cook. I've finished seasoning them and they are ready for the smoker.

Attachments

• 16274840077545516650888940885538.jpg
    16274840077545516650888940885538.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 409
Yum. One of, if not my #1 fave bbq meat. I do them often on my 700. Hard to find in my area so I mostly buy them online. Wild Fork Foods mostly. Best advice: be patient. They’ll take a while. Wait until they probe like butter. Looking forward to seeing your finished product!

Yum. One of, if not my #1 fave bbq meat. I do them often on my 700. Hard to find in my area so I mostly buy them online. Wild Fork Foods mostly. Best advice: be patient. They’ll take a while. Wait until they probe like butter. Looking forward to seeing your finished product!
Thanks I'm going to check out Wild fork

Which ones do you get from Wild Fork? I got the chuck ones (I think they were) and they were awful.

Those do look awesome.. I was afraid to try another type after my bad experience. I'll have to give these a go! Thank you :)

Which ones do you get from Wild Fork? I got the chuck ones (I think they were) and they were awful.
I get confused when looking at the different beef ribs. I tried the Wagyu beef ribs, I believe they may have called them back short ribs. They were not very good. Maybe the same thing as your chuck ones? I've had good luck with the Costco short ribs. They are normally $5.99/lb here so 1 package is usually between $20 and $30. I don't get them when they force you to buy 2 packs.

I will have to give Wild Fork a try now that there is a store just a few miles from my house.

I've also done the short ribs that are cut into thin strips from Sams. I soak them in Allegro Hot & Spicy marinade for 3 or 4 hours and then throw them on the grill for about 10 minutes. Of course they are not as near as tender as one smoked for 6 or 7 hours but they taste great.

I get confused when looking at the different beef ribs. I tried the Wagyu beef ribs, I believe they may have called them back short ribs. They were not very good. Maybe the same thing as your chuck ones? I've had good luck with the Costco short ribs. They are normally $5.99/lb here so 1 package is usually between $20 and $30. I don't get them when they force you to buy 2 packs.

I will have to give Wild Fork a try now that there is a store just a few miles from my house.

I've also done the short ribs that are cut into thin strips from Sams. I soak them in Allegro Hot & Spicy marinade for 3 or 4 hours and then throw them on the grill for about 10 minutes. Of course they are not as near as tender as one smoked for 6 or 7 hours but they taste great.

Glad I'm not the only one. These are the ones I tried from Wild Fork WF-Short-Ribs-English-Style

They were horrible and I would not even feed them to my dogs. That is true.. not a joke. They were that bad.

I have also picked up a style at Costco here but they are not the bone in type and not the same in my opinion. Sounds like the ones you get a Sams. Our Costco's here don't carry the bone in type. It sounds like yours do?

That is cool to have a WF near you. I do enjoy a few of their selections but many of what we prefer are out of stock frequently. Even the plate ribs mentioned above are not available so I have to watch to grab them.

The wife loves beef short ribs so maybe I can redeem myself by stepping up to the plate when I can.

I tried some beef ribs from Walmart and that was a mistake. Being the cheap person that I am spending $100 on bones seems a bit much.

I will stick with wholesome foods such as horse, dog, and occasional cat. Rodents are also fair game when the opportunity presents itself.

I tried some beef ribs from Walmart and that was a mistake. Being the cheap person that I am spending $100 on bones seems a bit much.

I will stick with wholesome foods such as horse, dog, and occasional cat. Rodents are also fair game when the opportunity presents itself.

I thought rabbit and beaver were in the running lately as well?

Tonight’s smoke-ey goodness…. Beef plate ribs on the 590. Bones slid out, so I sliced like brisket.

Attachments

• 93DE484E-911E-48C1-B835-BF9FB3ED2AB1.jpeg
    93DE484E-911E-48C1-B835-BF9FB3ED2AB1.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 77

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back