Pork First time 1250 St. Louis

I am working up the guts to go naked the entire time. Honeslty they have been so good I am afraid, but will muster the courage.
Pops, I finally went naked!

Last weekend I did 3-2-1 with my bbq bourbon glaze, and they turned out pretty awesome.

But today, my naked ribs were out of this world! I cooked them naked for 4 hours @225°. Then I drizzled a little smoked pork lard over the ribs and wrapped them in butcher paper, and cooked them for another hour or so at 275° until they were tender; then unwrapped them and put them back in for about 20 minutes.

I borrowed this "smoked lard and butcher paper" trick from Jeremy Yoder of Mad Scientist BBQ. It's incredible what that does to the ribs.

Mad Scientist Smoked Lard & Butcher Paper

Pops, I finally went naked!

Last weekend I did 3-2-1 with my bbq bourbon glaze, and they turned out pretty awesome.

But today, my naked ribs were out of this world! I cooked them naked for 4 hours @225°. Then I drizzled a little smoked pork lard over the ribs and wrapped them in butcher paper, and cooked them for another hour or so at 275° until they were tender; then unwrapped them and put them back in for about 20 minutes.

I borrowed this "smoked lard and butcher paper" trick from Jeremy Yoder of Mad Scientist BBQ. It's incredible what that does to the ribs.

Mad Scientist Smoked Lard & Butcher Paper
Be careful when grilling naked. The burns can be very embarrassing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back