First Smoked Turkey

BethV

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
  2. Bullseye
Happy Thanksgiving! I made my first smoked turkey on the 590 (first photo). So pleased! Very moist and super crispy skin.

I also made my traditional spatchcock turkey in the oven (second photo). I love the smells of Thanksgiving in the house.

Hope you all had a great dinner!

Attachments

• IMG_20201126_161710.jpg
    IMG_20201126_161710.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 136
  • IMG_20201126_162040~2.jpg
    IMG_20201126_162040~2.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 82
Happy Thanksgiving! I made my first smoked turkey on the 590 (first photo). So pleased! Very moist and super crispy skin.

I also made my traditional spatchcock turkey in the oven (second photo). I love the smells of Thanksgiving in the house.

Hope you all had a great dinner!
WOW, awesome Beth. Happy Thanksgiving to you

Looks great Beth!

Were you still able to keep the drippings for gravy on the bird in smoker?? That was why we opted to cook in the oven vs smoker this year. I wasn’t sure I could get a large enough pan under the bird to catch the drippings and have it still fit in the smoker.

Looks great Beth!

Were you still able to keep the drippings for gravy on the bird in smoker?? That was why we opted to cook in the oven vs smoker this year. I wasn’t sure I could get a large enough pan under the bird to catch the drippings and have it still fit in the smoker.
@Mac2bdr I didn't save the drippings on the smoker. Didn't need them I always make my gravy after I spatchcock and trim my turkey. I start my gravy in the oven with garlic carrots celery and onion. I use all of the trimmings of the turkey. The spatchcocked turkey in the oven sits on a rack over the dressing. The drippings fall into the dressing.

Congrats Beth. We always welcome smoked turkey first timer’s. Crispy skin tells me your skills are showing. lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back