First Pellet Grill RT-590

BigFish

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Hi all, my first pellet grill and my first post. Why doesn't the grill come with a manual? I had to search all over the place to get the manual with correct settings and dialing it in (see last comment). Yeah, I know it comes with a piece of paper for me to scan with my phone, but not everyone is tech savvy and not everyone has a code reader or printer set with their cell phone. Just curious why I had to waste so much of my time searching and paid a premium price for the grill, that they couldn't include a user manual? I actually recruited my buddy, who has had one for about a year now in how to season and dial in my new smoker.

Last edited:
I agree, they should provide the manual with the grill, even if it were just a copied print out stapled together. After purchasing the grill online, I went to the support page and downloaded the manual so I could study it while the grill was in transit, only took less than a minute to find the manual. First thing I did after assembling it and before putting pellets in it was to go into test mode and make sure all tests passed, connected to wifi, then did the burn in.

I agree, they should provide the manual with the grill, even if it were just a copied print out stapled together. After purchasing the grill online, I went to the support page and downloaded the manual so I could study it while the grill was in transit, only took less than a minute to find the manual. First thing I did after assembling it and before putting pellets in it was to go into test mode and make sure all tests passed, connected to wifi, then did the burn in.
I did the same thing form my Stampede and Bullseye.

No manual seems to be the way it's going for many items. My new receiver had 1 page with an address to go to on it. The TV I got last year had a number to call, they walk you through the setup.

No manual seems to be the way it's going for many items. My new receiver had 1 page with an address to go to on it. The TV I got last year had a number to call, they walk you through the setup.
I have to ask how well you understood the person you talked to? Must be the covid causing this shortage of paper.

The thing I get frustrated with is when you do get a manual or instructions they are printed in microscopic text(I’m getting older and need cheaters to see up close) and in at least three different languages. So a manual that should be a few pages becomes a book. I think a CD would be best because you can save it on a laptop or a memory stick with all your other manuals. I always end up digging through the junk draw and it’s never there.

You figure they would save a ton in costs with phone calls to Customer Service, then to leave a simple paper manual out. I guess they look at it the other way around. Sometimes being on the cheap is more expensive.

Economically asinine. Cheaper for the paper than hiring more Customer Service.

I took it as they had so many calls trying to setup a Roku TV that they figured just calling for the setup was easiest, but that's just a guess.

I think a CD would be best because you can save it on a laptop or a memory stick with all your other manuals. I always end up digging through the junk draw and it’s never there.
A CD, are your serious :unsure: I don't know how old your laptop is, but it's pretty rare for laptops to come with a CD drive nowadays. Isn't it easier to just download the manual from the manufacturer's web page then messing with a CD? Many times I never even open a paper manual, but rather download it and view it on a computer.

I use the YouTube videos for setup with RecTeq.

My Weber has an interactive setup process with their app

Times are a changing.

After purchasing the grill online, I went to the support page and downloaded the manual so I could study it while the grill was in transit, only took less than a minute to find the manual.
Before I even purchased my 590, I did the same thing; it's right on their website, so it wasn't hard to find.
Saved the .pdf and I knew my grill before it arrived.

I don't know that it can get any simpler than that.

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Before I even purchased my 590, I did the same thing; it's right on their website, so it wasn't hard to find.
Saved the .pdf and I knew my grill before it arrived.

I don't know that it can get any simpler than that.

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
The manual being in the box? How is that for simpler?

Last edited:
For the life of them, Recteq couldn't figure it out. Within a week, they sent out a new replacement smoker. Man, what a team they have over there! Thanks for listening and helping.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back