First cook fail

I'm new to the RT too. I'm curious as to when you ordered your Bull? I just ordered a couple of days ago and trying to figure the lead time. I got an email from RT saying they're shipping via a freight carrier (semi) on a pallet. That's going to be an interesting situation because I live on a lake with limited access.
I was fortunate. Out of Georgia I sent mine southeastern freight lines. Which in return comes to Dayton Freight Lines in the northern parts of our country. I drive P and D for Dayton Freight so I actually got paid to deliver my own grill! Lol. They'll have a pup and liftgate most likely which can get anywhere a car and trailer can go as long as height is not an issue

Well that's a long story. I actually have one in my yard now, but it was damaged beyond repair on arrival. RT customer service fixed me up and sent another. I believe they sent it UPS freight on June 4th. Not sure when it actually arrives at the freight terminal but UPS already contacted me and set a delivery appointment on Monday the 14th. So about 10 days. But I live about as far away from rec teq as you can get. On and Island in the Puget Sound, WA state. I totally get limited access too. I have to meet the driver about 2 miles from my house with my tractor and pallet forks. I got some weird looks from nearby neighbors driving the first one home last week LOL!
That's not encouraging! Being that I don't have anything but a lawn tractor without forks I might be in trouble. :ROFLMAO:
I was fortunate. Out of Georgia I sent mine southeastern freight lines. Which in return comes to Dayton Freight Lines in the northern parts of our country. I drive P and D for Dayton Freight so I actually got paid to deliver my own grill! Lol. They'll have a pup and liftgate most likely which can get anywhere a car and trailer can go as long as height is not an issue
Hopefully I'm worrying over nothing and it'll all work out. 🤞

That's not encouraging! Being that I don't have anything but a lawn tractor without forks I might be in trouble. :ROFLMAO:

Hopefully I'm worrying over nothing and it'll all work out. 🤞
I'm sure it will, but it depends on the freight line they use. The damaged grill that was delivered first came on a 45+ foot trailer. Driver said he was around 70 foot total with the truck. When I talked to UPS they said their delivery truck will be much smaller, but still truck and trailer. One option is to see if the company they use will let you pick it up at the terminal. UPS allows this, not sure about others. I may actually do that if the grill makes it here this week. Its currently sitting at a terminal in Illinois...Getting closer!
Tgrimm001: That was convenient!
Stinkring:I have had other freight deliveries where I met the driver in a parking lot and they were able to lower the lift gate even with the open tailgate of my truck and slide it in with the pallet forks.

I'm sure it will, but it depends on the freight line they use. The damaged grill that was delivered first came on a 45+ foot trailer. Driver said he was around 70 foot total with the truck. When I talked to UPS they said their delivery truck will be much smaller, but still truck and trailer. One option is to see if the company they use will let you pick it up at the terminal. UPS allows this, not sure about others. I may actually do that if the grill makes it here this week. Its currently sitting at a terminal in Illinois...Getting closer!
Tgrimm001: That was convenient!
Stinkring:I have had other freight deliveries where I met the driver in a parking lot and they were able to lower the lift gate even with the open tailgate of my truck and slide it in with the pallet forks.
With most LTL companies they will call and schedule the delivery. At that time you need to tell them to have a liftgate delivery.

I like full spares. I did these yesterday. 4-1/2 hours at 250 (used a smoke tube too), lightly glazed with sauce and on for another 30 minutes to tack up.

They are probably a little under for a lot of folks, but I like to knaw at the bones and cartilage. I ain't got time for baby backs...not enough meat and paying for too much bone.

20210606_102347.jpg

20210606_151616.jpg

20210606_152933.jpg

Do the 3-2-1 me
Two babyback slabs. 1.5 hours on low for max smoke. 4 hours on 225. Still somewhat raw. Ugh
Do the 3-2-1 method until they are done to your liking via the bend test. Google that. I’m driving. Also called the Johnny Trigg method. He is the master. Luck.

Two babyback slabs. 1.5 hours on low for max smoke. 4 hours on 225. Still somewhat raw. U

Two babyback slabs. 1.5 hours on low for max smoke. 4 hours on 225. Still somewhat raw. Ugh
The thing I would recommend is ALWAYS use a thermometer. I've probably done thousand of cooks over my lifetime. And I've never found a time that an instant read thermometer wasn't a help.
I've also found that my grill temp isn't accurate. If I cooked ribs on my grill for two hours at an indicated 225 I would have jerky! From other post I've read; The Bullseye is notorious for not showing accurate temperatures.

@Madstereoman your internal RTD probe may not be reading correctly. You may need to calibrate it, could be reading high. I'm pretty sure mine is reading high, I need to check it but I don't have anything at the moment that I trust to be accurate.

Ditto on calibrating the probes. Mine were way off from the factory.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back