First Cook BrekDinner on the Matador

sdynak

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
So I was originally thinking of not keeping the Matador but I went ahead and unboxed her, assembled and did my first cook today.

The thought of breakfast for dinner is what sealed the deal. My wife is a big breakfast for dinner person and I thought this might be a good way to to see if the Matador is a keeper.

The words Mummmm upon tasting the meal was all that was necessary :)(y).

Had some leftover spiral ham from the other night which became a part of the eggs & bacon feast.

First, cooked the bacon, then did the leftover ham in the bacon grease and finally removed the majority of the bacon grease and cooked scrambled eggs with pepper jack cheese.

I have seen comments about the heat output and there is no doubt that the entire pan does not get hot but you can certainly cook around the heat center while keeping things warm on the sides. For this kind of meal, in my opinion it was perfect and quick. Went a lot faster than I expected with the heat. I found myself turning it down a few times but near the low side it went out once on me 🤔. Have to watch as the adjustments are pretty fine and shut off more around where you think low would be. Hard to see the flame when adjusting so you have to get a good look while doing so bending down.

Anyway.. looking forward to more cooks on her and seeing the wife, friends and family enjoy.

Last edited:
38F6A74A-14AB-423C-8F48-A875DC29FB8D.jpeg
387C69AF-4DCF-4754-952D-29931CD1B8C8.jpeg
12181FBC-45E6-4597-A1DB-F02E69CC3777.jpeg
8E2D68B4-B352-483C-94A5-5A7FD1ADFF49.jpeg
C1DF5DF1-C11C-40BF-BC52-5AF0011F0A36.jpeg
44674ABC-7DD6-48C0-8635-E92BE836DBE4.jpeg
078AC49D-F50F-4E79-932E-7E2A45E84158.jpeg
97382F98-1E44-4E0C-9BB4-60E81CFA7AEB.jpeg

Last edited:
Are you finding that burner has enough heat to do what you need? I am intrigued by the two burner in one design. I actually like the notion that I can keep the edge cooler.

Are you finding that burner has enough heat to do what you need? I am intrigued by the two burner in one design. I actually like the notion that I can keep the edge cooler.

So far I only have 2 cooks on it with the same meals. It suffices if you are patient and depends on what you are doing. For the bacon, you can really only get 3 or 4 pieces at a time to cook so the shifting and cooking takes a while. If you have 1 large pool like a stir fry that cooks all at once it probably would be perfect.

What would be great if the inner burner did the center and the outer did exactly that.. heat the outer of the bowl. Current design just gets the inner hotter with both in my opinion. But it does get hot no doubt in that inner area with both burners. I could not keep them both on high. Just doesn't go outward so much.

I'm not disappointed and from what I heard I didn't have higher expectations. Storing the massive bowl is what I'm struggling with at the moment LOL. It is huge!!

Hope this helps..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back