Fireboard 2 and Thermapen 1

Mr. Clean

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
  3. Matador
Wanted to give feedback on these two temp tools. They arrived yesterday and I used them on my $140 Home Depot Charcoal grill to cook a pork tenderloin. My 700, bullseye and Matador are going to be delivered today.

I use Royal Oak lump and some hickory chunks and with the Fireboard ambient temp probe and food probe I was able to get the charcoal to temp at 350 and pulled the pork at 145.

I am AMAZED why I did not get something like this long ago, the pork was perfect.

I love the Fireboard 2, I got the extra probes and the magnetic base. Easy setup and super simple to use. With the six ports I plan on using two for ambient temp in the 700 and the other four for food. I know the 700 has ambient temp already.

I also tested the Thermapen and got the exact same temp as the Fireboard.

If you are on the fence wondering if they are worth the money, for me it was worth every penny to have this data and control over future cooks.

IMG_1967.JPG

Wanted to give feedback on these two temp tools. They arrived yesterday and I used them on my $140 Home Depot Charcoal grill to cook a pork tenderloin. My 700, bullseye and Matador are going to be delivered today.

I use Royal Oak lump and some hickory chunks and with the Fireboard ambient temp probe and food probe I was able to get the charcoal to temp at 350 and pulled the pork at 145.

I am AMAZED why I did not get something like this long ago, the pork was perfect.

I love the Fireboard 2, I got the extra probes and the magnetic base. Easy setup and super simple to use. With the six ports I plan on using two for ambient temp in the 700 and the other four for food. I know the 700 has ambient temp already.

I also tested the Thermapen and got the exact same temp as the Fireboard.

If you are on the fence wondering if they are worth the money, for me it was worth every penny to have this data and control over future cooks.

View attachment 11702
What temp do you wrap the kitty? Internal temp??

i have cooked a cat. cooked to 165 and it was good. same color as pork. we cooked it on a camp fire. and before anyone freaks out it was bobcat i legally shot with the purpose to eat it. i want to try a coyote next. my buddy says they are good
Cat is the new pork 🐈

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back