Stampede Fire Pot Overflow

Jboal

Had my 590 since last March; yesterday I started it up and after 20 - 25 minutes the temp still hadn’t started to rise; so i removed the grates, drip pan and defector and I saw that the fire pot was filling up with pellets; I removed most of the pellets from the fire pot and the pellets immediately ignited...not sure if I should be concerned....

Had my 590 since last March; yesterday I started it up and after 20 - 25 minutes the temp still hadn’t started to rise; so i removed the grates, drip pan and defector and I saw that the fire pot was filling up with pellets; I removed most of the pellets from the fire pot and the pellets immediately ignited...not sure if I should be concerned....
Are you cleaning the ash out of the fire pot on a regular basis (every 4-5 cooks)? What you describe sounds like ash buildup.

I had that happen one time, too. Except it still wouldn't ignite even after cleanout & adding a fresh handful of pellets. But there's instructions in the online PDF
manual on RT's website to light the grill by hand using a small piece of firestarter. That did the trick and from that point on it worked like nothing happened. Never did it again, either, thankfully.

That has happened to me several times, going to contact support because it is a recurring issue and I can’t trust the machine, have to hover over it to make sure it’s working properly, unfortunately it’s changed my behavior to not use the grill as much as I’d like to.

@dwf29 it could be several things but one of the easier options is to check the position of your igniter. Often times they are slightly recessed in the igniter tube. I adjusted my 700 and Bullseye igniters to protrude about 1/16” out from the tube and they light quickly now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back