Fire Pit Recommendations

Simarti28

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Instead of joining a dedicated fire pit forum I thought I’d reach out to my trusted recteq community. I will probably cook in it but mostly will use for bonfires.

I’m shopping for a quality fire pit and have found a couple that I like. The Liberty from Ohio and the Tahoe from California.

Any experience with these two models/companies?

Any other recommendations?
I’ve ruled out smokeless (solo stove, breeo etc.) and I’ve ruled out cheap-o big box brands. Friends of mine own the mentioned smokeless and they just don’t radiate enough heat on the sides.

Ohio Flame
https://ohioflame.com/products/liberty-fire-pit-with-hollow-base-made-in-usa?variant=1495432429613

The California Fire Pit
https://firepit.com/models.html

Check out the pit in my avatar. This a 37” Hemisphere from S&S Firepits. Great products and great people to deal with. And another pit to cook on.
I picked up the rotisserie in the pic from Vevor and fits the pit perfectly.

Oh yeah! That one came up in my search yesterday. I love that pit but my wife doesn’t like the hemisphere. Ironically that’s what I like most about it. Very nice pit @MikeyB!

Edit: I may have to invest in a rotisserie like yours.

@Simarti28 I have a fire pit I've build out of landscape stone (either from lowes or home depot) and back home dad just has several very large rocks to sit on around a fire. Both work equally as well, but wow I'm really liking those pits from Ohio Flame.

Please keep up posted on which one you end up buying!

@MikeyB - S&S Firepits looks great too. Nice find!

You need to check out the S&S website, these guys come up with “One Offs”
Truly one of a kind fire pits.
Also check out the Cowboy Cauldron's.
These certainly come with a price tag but man are they cool.
There’s something about cooking over an open fire…..

Breeo. Made here in Lancaster Co. PA Breeo I have an earlier model Zentro with the post and grill. Excellent air flow and the smoke recirculates, so when it get's to its stride, relatively smoke free.

You need to check out the S&S website, these guys come up with “One Offs”
Truly one of a kind fire pits.
Also check out the Cowboy Cauldron's.
S&S does make some nice pits, out of my price range unfortunately.

Cowboy Cauldron’s are freakin awesome, the name says it all. The area where we set up our pit accommodates a 30” pit before it feels crowded so cowboy is out.

@Mike thanks for the suggestion. We plan on moving within the next 1-2 years so wanted something portable.

My wife and I considered our options and decided to get the 30” Liberty from Ohio Flame.

Thanks everyone for your input/ideas!

Post pictures once you get it @Simarti28

I don't even need a fire pit like this but that doesn't mean I don't want one. :ROFLMAO:

Post pictures once you get it @Simarti28

I don't even need a fire pit like this but that doesn't mean I don't want one. :ROFLMAO:
Will do. Just got the email that it’s on it’s way! Not the old “label created” email. That bad boy has departed the FedEx facility and is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

We’ll see I am in Michigan after all.

@Mike thanks for the suggestion. We plan on moving within the next 1-2 years so wanted something portable.

My wife and I considered our options and decided to get the 30” Liberty from Ohio Flame.

Thanks everyone for your input/ideas!
Yes, please post pics.
I looked at the Ohio Flame before buying the S&S, my wife still asks why I spent almost 2K on a big “bowl That burns”
Lmfao...

@Mike @MikeyB Here are a couple pics. This thing is solid! 24-hour shipping was an unexpected surprise.

E4D7BD9D-5629-43DF-BBA5-6584359B50DC.jpeg
63DB0316-850E-4BE7-952D-9445E622D3CA.jpeg

Wow, that thing looks like it was built like a tank. That bowl looks really thick.

Be sure to let me know when you get tired of it! :D ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back