Fire in hopper during burn in after shutdown

The 1250 has a shutdown mode. I used that and have no problems.
The 700 has a shutdown mode also. But sometimes with a combination of brand of pellets and length of high heat time , you have the potential for smoldering. Maybe the new controller on the 1250 is a different shutdown pattern, but it's just something to be aware of
This isn't something that happens all the time if I misled anyone.

The 700 has a shutdown mode also. But sometimes with a combination of brand of pellets and length of high heat time , you have the potential for smoldering. Maybe the new controller on the 1250 is a different shutdown pattern, but it's just something to be aware of
I've been using this for shutdowns:
maxresdefault.jpg

I am a new user so thanks for the heads up. I will keep an eye out in the future.

I am a new user so thanks for the heads up. I will keep an eye out in the future.
Hey just wanted to let everyone know that after about 20 uses I no longer have this issue. The grill turns off fine and I have not had smoke or anything in the hopper after shutdown. If I have it turned up past 350 I just turn it down to 275 and once it's there I shutdown and it's works great. With the app it's easy and the app reminds me to turn it off when it tell me the grill has reached 275

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back