Finally ordered it!

sherpa

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
After weeks of reading articles, watching Youtube videos, browsing forums/Reddit, and, going back and forth between 590, 700, and 1250, I finally pulled the trigger today. Ordered a 1250 with 200lbs of Recteq pellets. Let's hope Estes delivers it soon and without any issue. :)

This will be my first pellet grill which will replace my 7-year old propane grill.

Last edited:
Delivery may happen without any notification. Mine arrived while I was at work and my son just happened to be home and let me know. I'm thinking they didn't notify me because 2 bags of pellets were missing and another was damaged. Called support and they had everything fixed and called back to follow up. The support is great. Enjoy your new grill!

Delivery may happen without any notification. Mine arrived while I was at work and my son just happened to be home and let me know. I'm thinking they didn't notify me because 2 bags of pellets were missing and another was damaged. Called support and they had everything fixed and called back to follow up. The support is great. Enjoy your new grill!
I live in a gated community so I sure hope they call me first. :D

Welcome to the RT forum. Lots of good folks hanging out here who focus mostly on actual cooking and dealing with the quirks of our chosen cooking tools. Good luck with a safe arrival for the 1250. I’m sure it will go well.
I learn something new everyday 😁

There are some notable exceptions.
Is this where I disappear for six months only to come back and call people names and criticize everyone and our grills? Asking for a friend...

After weeks of reading articles, watching Youtube videos, browsing forums/Reddit, and, going back and forth between 590, 700, and 1250, I finally pulled the trigger today. Ordered a 1250 with 200lbs of Recteq pellets. Let's hope Estes delivers it soon and without any issue. :)

This will be my first pellet grill which will replace my 7-year old propane grill.
Congratulations and good luck with delivery!

It has made it to the local distribution center. I hope it gets delivered in a day or two. *cross fingers* :)

It is here! :D It was delivered few hours ago. It's all assembled and going through its first burn-in process. Very good experience with Estes except that it was held up at their warehouse for almost three days because they were out of drivers. Still a pretty fast delivery from the order date.

Are some scratches/scuff marks expected? Also, the seal inside the drum is black. I've always seen red seal. Is that normal?

I cannot wait to cook some chicken and pork chops tonight. :)

Last edited:
Congrats. I had a few nicks on my competition cart that I just let go. I've added some of my own. If you want to post photos of nicks and the seal, we have a large peanut gallery who can take a look.

Congrats. I had a few nicks on my competition cart that I just let go. I've added some of my own. If you want to post photos of nicks and the seal, we have a large peanut gallery who can take a look.
I contacted support and provided them pictures. They are sending me a sear kit for free. I'll take that. :) Eventually, it will be scratched anyway.

You fool! .... I mean - congrats! :D

Funny love/hate thing I got going. Actually, once you get grilling, things are great. I love my grill, flaws and all.

You fool! .... I mean - congrats! :D

Funny love/hate thing I got going. Actually, once you get grilling, things are great. I love my grill, flaws and all.
Are you saying that I shouldn't have settled on a sear kit?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back