Finally Connected My RT590 To Wi-Fi!

sergttom

I’ve had my RT590 for several months but had been unable to connect it to Wi-Fi. I followed all directions, paying special attention to the need to connect to 2.4 GHz. I finally gave up trying. Today I thought I’d give it another try. I began using the 2.4Ghz network but again it wouldn’t connect. I then thought, what the heck, I’ll try it on 5Ghz, and, to my surprise, the grill connected. I don’t know what changed, but I won’t complain.

I’ve had my RT590 for several months but had been unable to connect it to Wi-Fi. I followed all directions, paying special attention to the need to connect to 2.4 GHz. I finally gave up trying. Today I thought I’d give it another try. I began using the 2.4Ghz network but again it wouldn’t connect. I then thought, what the heck, I’ll try it on 5Ghz, and, to my surprise, the grill connected. I don’t know what changed, but I won’t complain.

Maybe your router had an update that made this possible to finally connect 2.4 :unsure: .. Anyway.. congrats.. the notifications are annoying but being able to see temps and change it is nice if you use the factory probes. The app is buggy so sometimes takes a refresh to see updates.

This is the units biggest downfall, I don't have any devices available that run on 2.4 that the app will work on. My cell only runs on 5Ghz so I am unable to connect to it. Very frustrating as I'd like to be able to monitor my cooks remotely. 🤦‍♂️

This is the units biggest downfall, I don't have any devices available that run on 2.4 that the app will work on. My cell only runs on 5Ghz so I am unable to connect to it. Very frustrating as I'd like to be able to monitor my cooks remotely. 🤦‍♂️
Curious, which model phone do you have that doesn't have 2.4Ghz ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back