Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
  3. Trailblazer
  4. Matador
  5. WyldSide
I can’t believe it took them this long to make one. 536 sq inch/30x18 non-stick, ceramic coated griddle-no seasoning required. Three propane burners, 30k BTU, and the cook unit lifts off the chassis to be very portable. Two fold-down side shelves, paper towel holder, and trash bag holder. I’m donating my old 36” SS Blackstone to my son’s old marching band for use during athletic concessions and competitions.
B853B0E4-6433-452F-A2D5-10417F504F43.jpeg

Next time you will need to change the angle so the top cover will not be as visible. We were born on a day, just not yesterday. lol.
Well, I changed the angle so I couldn’t read it, even put the firebox on backwards so you couldn’t read the ‘Pit Boss Sierra‘ on the front!

I concede...I was fooled. I had no idea what I was looking at as most of these brands are still foreign to me.

All that said, I am curious about the ceramic top. The Blackstone griddle requires a tad more care, feeding , and elbow grease than I had hoped for with a basic rolled steel deck. I'm still learning that tool/toy though.

I concede...I was fooled. I had no idea what I was looking at as most of these brands are still foreign to me.

All that said, I am curious about the ceramic top. The Blackstone griddle requires a tad more care, feeding , and elbow grease than I had hoped for with a basic rolled steel deck. I'm still learning that tool/toy though.
It was the high maintenance of the rolled steel deck that had me thinking there must be something better. I just never was comfortable with no matter how much I cared for it and cleaned it, when I wiped a paper towel over the just cleaned and oiled surface, it was always black. Perhaps/probably that was all on me, but I never found a solution.

When this this ceramic griddle first came out I was intrigued by it, but I didn’t want a flat top that I had to constantly baby with the utensils I used. I follow a couple of users on YouTube i.e. The Flat Top King and he continues to use steel spatulas. Granted, he’s not doing the spatula chops like Blackstone‘s Todd Toven, but apparently his PB top is still pretty pristine, so that factored a lot into my decision now.

GJ,

You are absolutely correct about the black residue. I’m glad to hear someone chime in on this issue as I thought it was induced by my regulator swap that allows me to hit over 700F on my rig. No matter how I care for and feed my BS it always has that “char” on it. I can only assume it is non-toxic and is the leftover oil from constant seasoning. I also fear the day that old man ”Rusty” rears his head because I know that can’t mix well with my proteins. Overall I like the BS (more specifically, my Tailgater) and wouldn‘t trade it for anything due to its versatility but there has to be a better way to keep it clean. As a preventive measure, before any cook or griddle session I use wet paper towels to “clean” the surface and reseason, but I know there must be leftover creeping crud that is getting missed.

I know if may be encroachment on this forum but let us know how you like the new toy. It seems like the perfect way to accessorize your existing line of cookers.

I can’t believe it took them this long to make one. 536 sq inch/30x18 non-stick, ceramic coated griddle-no seasoning required. Three propane burners, 30k BTU, and the cook unit lifts off the chassis to be very portable. Two fold-down side shelves, paper towel holder, and trash bag holder. I’m donating my old 36” SS Blackstone to my son’s old marching band for use during athletic concessions and competitions.
View attachment 17003
Nice Horns 🍺. I look forward to cooks and feedback on it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back