Stampede Feed rate question.

Bdhasson_73

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Hey ya'll, I'm new to this entire process, I must say I love it so far. A friend and I were talking, he has had one for about 4 years and never messed with his feed rate, no real reason to as far as low temp use. My question is more about adjusting it up a little. Will increasing feed rate just make the grill burn hotter, or will it allow for more smoke when desired for certain cooks. All the threads I found by searching only talked about minimum rate for lower temps. It was just a thought we were discussing. Thanks in advance.

Your original thought is correct. The minimum only helps for low temperatures in warmer weather conditions. Increasing it won't help pushing up on the high end. Extra smoke can be generated with a smoke tube. My minimum as been sitting at 3.5 for the last year.

Your original thought is correct. The minimum only helps for low temperatures in warmer weather conditions. Increasing it won't help pushing up on the high end. Extra smoke can be generated with a smoke tube. My minimum as been sitting at 3.5 for the last year.
Yea, we had that part down from videos, and helpful posts here. It was more a question of increasing it to put out more smoke but not smother the flame. Think a leaf pile when there is a lot of leaves it smoke till it gets hot enough. I have a smoke tube due in this weekend so that will solve it, more just curious I guess. Thanks for the info.

Last edited:
Yea, we had that part down from videos, and helpful posts here. It was more a question of increasing it to put out more smoke but not smother the flame. Think a leaf pile when there is a lot of leaves it smoke till it gets hot enough. I have a smoke tube due in this weekend so that will solve it, more just curious I guess. Thanks for the info.
Yeah, think about that leaf fire, sure initially there may be a lot of smoke, but once they catch, you'll have an inferno, is that what you want in your smoker? :unsure:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back