Erratic temperatures

Chrisg

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-680
Hello all, I have a rt680 and I'm having a few issues. First, it popped the fuse on the circuit board. I replaced, and began the cook. Temp was set to 215.. I checked actual temp button ,and it showed 250+. I then adjusted to 250 and rest of cook went fine. Contacted rectec, they said to change pellets first. I had a small amount in the hopper, so I tried to burn em yesterday. Now the temperature doesn't go above 74 deg after running for 20 mi

Hopefully you have this fixed by now. Sounds like your igniter went out.
Mushin, it was a lot of back and forth. They replaced the controller, the sensor in the barrel and still problem. Replaced with wifi controller, and it was bad.. they sent me another wifi controller and now its good. I'm really glad that its under warranty, but this was really a big hassle.

Next grill is gonna be a komodo Joe... gonna put Weber charcoal in rv..

Chris

I understand your frustration. When you want to use your smoker, it should function properly. My experience with RT customer service has always been exceptional. I had similar issues which ended up being that the igniter went out. They sent me one out immediately. All grills/smokers can have issues but, it is how the company handles the issues that make the difference to me.

BTW, I just got a weber kettle a few months ago and love it. I fear I am going to start collecting outdoor cookers...:cool:

If the pellets have absorbed too much moisture from the atmosphere you will have the temperature issues. I find this happens when I use a partially opened old bag I forgot about. Use a shop vac to clean out the auger.

Also I had issues with it maintaining temps at low end. Call rec text customer service and they should be able to talk you through a programming change to make the low end more stable

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back