RT-1070 Drip Tray Liner to Fit the 1070?

Freedom Forged

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-680
I searched through Traeger's liners but nothing that measured 15.5 x 26. Have you guys discovered tray liners that fit the 1070?
Thanks, David

Hi David,
I just put my 1070 together yesterday and had the same question. I noticed the grease management system drips into the tray all the way towards the back, so finding a liner to fit the entire tray may not be necessary. I just used a Blackstone 8" x 3.75" x 3" liner (it can hold two of them in the 1070 tray, but only the one in back will catch grease), scrunched them down just a tad, and that worked for me.

Also, it appears there may be two types of 1070 grease trays: one that is just one long canal (saw it on YouTube, Bad Beast Barbecue rt-1070 Product Review and Reveal, at 4:30 mark), and one that has a wall somewhat in the middle (not exactly in middle though), making two compartments in the tray. I have the latter. If you have the former, the liner for a Traeger Timberline series may fit nicely (can put two, but only one liner will receive the grease - assuming that model has the same grease management system). If you have the tray with the wall in between, that Timberline liner will be too long to fit in the back compartment since that wall is not directly centered in tray, making the rear compartment smaller than the front.

Hopefully that helps a bit.
Chris

Hi David,
I just put my 1070 together yesterday and had the same question. I noticed the grease management system drips into the tray all the way towards the back, so finding a liner to fit the entire tray may not be necessary. I just used a Blackstone 8" x 3.75" x 3" liner (it can hold two of them in the 1070 tray, but only the one in back will catch grease), scrunched them down just a tad, and that worked for me.

Also, it appears there may be two types of 1070 grease trays: one that is just one long canal (saw it on YouTube, Bad Beast Barbecue rt-1070 Product Review and Reveal, at 4:30 mark), and one that has a wall somewhat in the middle (not exactly in middle though), making two compartments in the tray. I have the latter. If you have the former, the liner for a Traeger Timberline series may fit nicely (can put two, but only one liner will receive the grease - assuming that model has the same grease management system). If you have the tray with the wall in between, that Timberline liner will be too long to fit in the back compartment since that wall is not directly centered in tray, making the rear compartment smaller than the front.

Hopefully that helps a bit.
Chris
Thanks Chris

Just now doing the burn off on my 1070. My grease tray has the divider. It appears (without measuring) that the divider is very close to center on mine. I really don't understand the need for a divider. I ordered some trays from Amazon that fit nearly perfect.

Grease pan

MontoPack Aluminum Disposable Loaf Pans | Deep Standard Size 8.5” x 4.5” Extra Thick Foil Bread Containers for Baking, Food Storage & Takeout | Eco-Friendly & Recyclable | Bulk 50-Pack 2 Pound Trays​

I actually have/use them - they fit. I pulled the link out of my amazon order history.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back