Stampede Drip pan question.

I use disposable aluminum pans under my bullseye and when things get gross I clean the pan and recycle it and place a new one under.

If you can remove the grates, remove the drip tray, remove the old foil, cut the new foil to size, apply and form the new foil, install the drip pan and install the grates in a minute, you're extremely fast 😲
I used to foil, but after several rounds of that, I tried scraping and never looked back. There's no right or wrong method, just the one that works the best for you.
I remove the grates, pull out a length of heavy duty wide foil, tuck it over the sides of the pan and replace the grates. Two minutes if you take a couple swigs of beer while doing it.

I remove the grates, pull out a length of heavy duty wide foil, tuck it over the sides of the pan and replace the grates. Two minutes if you take a couple swigs of beer while doing it.
I can make this process last an entire six pack (y)

If you can remove the grates, remove the drip tray, remove the old foil, cut the new foil to size, apply and form the new foil, install the drip pan and install the grates in a minute, you're extremely fast 😲
I used to foil, but after several rounds of that, I tried scraping and never looked back. There's no right or wrong method, just the one that works the best for you.
I am fast, smoking fast......
I dont cut the foil, I am not that anal. I remove the grates, scrape, pull the drip tray, remove the old foil, place new foil on, I wrap each end around the bottom and then on the lips, I just fold over inside the tray. Easy peasy. OK, maybe 2 minutes.

My experience, for years now, is that scraping is not a major project. You are looking to scrap off the large junk on the pan that may cause a pit fire-not to make it shiny and new again. The actual scraping process is 15 seconds max.
Much easier than foil.

Tried the new silicone liner for my 1070 drip pan. cut to fit. Yes easy to clean, but grease gets under it anyhow. Back to no liner and a good wide scraper (spackle knife). Scrape when there is left over grease or debris. Otherwise a free ride.

I only use my RT340 for bbqing @ low temperature, (around 220 degrees), & I spray my grilling grid with Pam and the Pam gets on the drip pan. It works great and wipes off with paper towel while the grill is shutting down. Don't know what it would do at higher temperatures. Tried the foil wrap but it was a PITA.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back