Does anyone else’s 590 look as clean as mine?

Who knew that the 590s had a self-cleaning mode? Pop the GMG pizza oven in there and it practically cleans itself!! 😂

AB3995CE-C82B-42E8-9F03-813634B8F9E9.jpeg

How's the inside of the lid look? That doesn't look like anything to worry about...just burning the gunk off

I had a small grease fire last weekend
400° + Salmon + bacon + GrillGrates = fire
The bottom front stainless is very clean but discolored -tried the different products I have with so so results

From Grill-Repair .com

"The liquid we use is white like milk and it rubs on, sits a bit and rubs off like the chrome polishes we’ve used to make a shine. The chemicals (bases) are designed to counter common damage from acids and other chemicals that can cause damage to stainless steel. Essentially stainless that is physically damaged can be repaired physically: sanding, polishing and buffing the material. However, stainless steel that is chemically damaged needs a chemical reaction to counter the damage. "

clean.JPG

I clean the outside pretty well.... doesn't take but a minute. Grease dripping down the front just looks sloppy to me plus I like to take care of my things.
I too like to take care of my things, I don't keep mine spotless, but do clean it every now and then, definitely would clean it if there was grease running down the entire front. I think some people feel it's a badge of honor when their grill isn't clean, showing that it gets heavily used. You'll hear things like "it's not a Ferrari". Everyone has their own way of doing things.

It ain't a Ferrari, that's for sure but it wasn't free either so I'll take care of mine.
Someone let me know when the free ones are coming, I'll treat that one like a Vegas hooker

It ain't a Ferrari, that's for sure but it wasn't free either so I'll take care of mine.
Someone let me know when the free ones are coming, I'll treat that one like a Vegas hooker
IDK, even if it were free, I'd still want to look halfway decent, but that's just me. If someone doesn't care if there's grease and stains all over it, that's fine too. My 12 year old Weber still looks decent, not new but presentable.

IMG_3070.JPG

IDK, even if it were free, I'd still want to look halfway decent, but that's just me. If someone doesn't care if there's grease and stains all over it, that's fine too. My 12 year old Weber still looks decent, not new but presentable.

View attachment 11330

I have a 3 year old Weber Genesis that still looks relatively new. That grill gets a bit more use so it's vacuumed out and power washed once or twice a year. I take care of my stuff but that's me.

My 2003 Z06, had it since new
20191207_152220.jpg

20191208_190219.jpg

I treat all my stuff this way

I have a 3 year old Weber Genesis that still looks relatively new. That grill gets a bit more use so it's vacuumed out and power washed once or twice a year. I take care of my stuff but that's me.

My 2003 Z06, had it since new
View attachment 11331

I treat all my stuff this way
Like the quickjacks, I got a pair a few years ago, but never used them for washing my vehicles :unsure:

Like the quickjacks, I got a pair a few years ago, but never used them for washing my vehicles :unsure:

I was doing paint correction, its easier to lift the car vs bending over constantly. Also needed to clean the underside after a small oil leak

I have a bad habit of only cooking and not cleaning.

View attachment 10400View attachment 10401
I line my drip pan with heady duty foil and usually only clean once the soot starts piling up so much that I start getting black spots on my food from the splatter. A lot of it depends on how fatty the foods that I've been cooking not necessarily the number of cooks, but I would say I do deep cleans 2-3 times a year.

I find myself somewhere in the middle on this; I’m not a “Spotless McFarland” but neither am I a “Pigpen.” “Peanuts” fans will understand.

I do try to take good care of my things, but don’t obsess over them either. However, I do vacuum the ashes from the firepot after each use and replace the drip-pan foil after every-other use. I consider those to be safety issues rather than cosmetic ones. I also clean the grates after every use by running them through the dishwasher. The grill exterior may get an annual cleaning, if I run out of other projects. :rolleyes:

I find myself somewhere in the middle on this; I’m not a “Spotless McFarland” but neither am I a “Pigpen.” “Peanuts” fans will understand.

I do try to take good care of my things, but don’t obsess over them either. However, I do vacuum the ashes from the firepot after each use and replace the drip-pan foil after every-other use. I consider those to be safety issues rather than cosmetic ones. I also clean the grates after every use by running them through the dishwasher. The grill exterior may get an annual cleaning, if I run out of other projects. :rolleyes:
I concur. Especially the fire pot & change the foil before each use is when I do it.

I clean the outside pretty well.... doesn't take but a minute. Grease dripping down the front just looks sloppy to me plus I like to take care of my things.
All I am gonna do, and have done on my other smokers. Other than obvious grease buildup where it is expected to be, the rest of what's in there is pure seasoning.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back