do i need a gas gril?

chadinsc

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
i want a place to store my sear kit and some other small accessories and have been looking at prep tables that offer storage but then i thought maybe i should get a gas grill that has a cabinet under it for storage. i found a nice weber e 210 for $75 bucks im thinking about getting but i really cant think of a use for it. do i need another grill guys? do you use your gas grill? this one is small enough to take it places
E0853E75-7B1B-439B-B321-5F0BA2488B78.jpeg
870D9C2A-C520-47B6-9B4F-15A94558FDCD.jpeg

im definitely considering the weber. i bet my 700s grill grates fit it turned sideways. these are my other options i been considering for storage. for my sear kit smoke tube brush and other accessories. the grill is cheaper though!View attachment 14375
I have the larger version of this table/cabinet. It's just blow mold plastic; nothing fancy and frankly more expensive than the Weber you mention. It does make for a very convenient prep station and storage area for my growing collection of BBQ accessories including the Grill Grates, smoke tube, nomex gloves, utensils, cutting boards, prep trays, etc. I did buy a cover for it and so far it's doing fine in winter weather.

That is what I have.. just the lower door on mine is a slide cover. I converted mine to NG as well and the sear plates I got for the Bull live on this now. I do alternate between this and the flattop though. Well worth $75.. even if you have to buy a new burner and shields. They can be had pretty cheap.

Just do it :)

I use my gasser and Blackstone all of the time. Of the three, I would say the Blackstone gets the most use. The grill gets used a bunch too. I will use a smoke tube for shorter duration cooks and sears. I rarely use my RT as a grill, mainly just for smoking. Also have an old chargriller barrel grill I will use with charcoal,but thats more of a weekend thing when I have more time to my hands.

i think im going to go with a small tool box from home depot and put a butcher block on top. i like that it will match the bulls black and chrome and give plenty of room and its cheap and should be durable on my covered porch. i really don’t think the gasser would be used much. i still want a nice kettle. thats what i was looking for when i found that e210 if anyone is from around upstate sc here is the link https://greenville.craigslist.org/for/d/greenville-weber-spirit-burner-grille/7420176451.html
FAC54D5F-F101-494E-9F34-3AFAF58D78C4.png

Put the GrillGrates on the Weber. You can have it preheated for searing rather than waiting for the RT to get the GrillGrates up to searing temp. I'll be doing that in a few hours today - reverse searing a ribeye. On the recteq at 225 until IT 120 then flip it over to the Weber with the flat side of the GrillGrates up to searing temp.

Our Bull is by the Spa, and have used the Spa Cover as my Prep Station
I put a (huge) Cutting Board on a sheet of Tempered Glass
For storage, I went with this:
RecTeq Toolbox.jpeg

Surprising just how much room this two Drawer Chest has
It holds all my Cooking Tools and four Grill Grates

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back