Stampede Diving into the Pellet arena

Dino

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Been using a Primo Oval XL and the old stand-by weber grill for all my cooks. We got my wife's nephew a Traeger for Christmas. I have not been around a pellet grill grill before so I was intrigued at how well the food tasted and the ease of use. I hear people talk nothing but good about them, so it's been on the short list to get. Well finally decided to pull the trigger, did some research and bang here it is.

Unpacking

IMG_1676.jpeg

Picture of the new vents from the inside

IMG_1678.jpeg

No need for a gasket, only a slight gap at the very bottom.

IMG_1680.jpeg

Getting ready for 1st burn in

IMG_1677.jpeg

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Couldn't resist!!

Looking forward to trying to wear this thing out. 1st item on the menu tonight is chicken thighs

Thanks

Soooooo

If those vents are as tight as they are in the Bullseye, BE CAREFUL!

I just checked my Bullseye and the vents were restricted which could lead to a hopper fire,

When drinking practice safe grilling (y)

Been using a Primo Oval XL and the old stand-by weber grill for all my cooks. We got my wife's nephew a Traeger for Christmas. I have not been around a pellet grill grill before so I was intrigued at how well the food tasted and the ease of use. I hear people talk nothing but good about them, so it's been on the short list to get. Well finally decided to pull the trigger, did some research and bang here it is.

Unpacking

View attachment 9771

View attachment 9772

View attachment 9773

View attachment 9774

Looking forward to trying to wear this thing out. 1st item on the menu tonight is chicken thighs

Thanks

Thanks for sharing. My new stampede will be delivered tomorrow!

What did you mean "No need for a gasket, only a slight gap at the very bottom"? Not sure which area of the grill to which you're referring....

Not sure I am a fan of the multiple slots for exhaust compared to original 3 vent.
??? Kinda on the fence

You sure will like the set it and forget it of these units.

Unpacking

View attachment 9771

View attachment 9772

View attachment 9773

View attachment 9774

Thanks

Ummm.. wrong size pellets?? LOL .. Congrats & enjoy!

Sub Pop Burn GIF by Sub Pop Records

Unpacking

View attachment 9771

View attachment 9772

View attachment 9773

View attachment 9774

Thanks
Looking Good.

Thanks for your Service, I'm an ABCM USN (Ret)

I kind of like the look of the new vents on the RT-590 but are hesitant on how it performs, especially if neglected on cleanings, I'm still kind of a chimney type of guy on smokers.
Like the looks ,functionality is the issue

@Mike looks like Dino needs a Military Vet banner.

It will be interesting to see if that array of louvers evens out the temp distribution a bit more across the grate. One of the newbs needs to do a toast test or extensive digital readings.

Soooooo

If those vents are as tight as they are in the Bullseye, BE CAREFUL!

I just checked my Bullseye and the vents were restricted which could lead to a hopper fire,

When drinking practice safe grilling (y)
Thanks I will

Thanks for sharing. My new stampede will be delivered tomorrow!

What did you mean "No need for a gasket, only a slight gap at the very bottom"? Not sure which area of the grill to which you're referring....
Many on here place a gasket around the door to keep heat and smoke from leaking around the lid. I wanted to see how much of gap there was on the lid. the gap isn't excessive so for now I'll use it for a while and see how much leakage I get

I only have had the opportunity to do one cook work keeps getting in the way. I did chicken thighs, (nice and greasy to start out). Started out at 225 for an hour then changed to 375 to finish. Sauced them at the end and they came out nice. Skin wasn't grill crisp but ok. There was grease drips out the back vents. So we shall see if there are a concern long term.

Thanks everyone for the comments!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back