BFG Dirty Smoke

ff6849

My BFG-2500 is starting to make a dirty sooty. The walls and grates are covered with soot. I cleaned to the fire pot (not very dirty) didn't resolve issue, using the same pellets. What should I be looking. I do live in the desert and its well over 100' degrees
out.

My BFG-2500 is starting to make a dirty sooty. The walls and grates are covered with soot. I cleaned to the fire pot (not very dirty) didn't resolve issue, using the same pellets. What should I be looking. I do live in the desert and its well over 100' degrees
out.
I would start by trying different pellets if that doesn't help a call to RecTec would be best.

Mine is doing the same thing, I am using Bear mountain Cherry, that may be the culprit

out.
How is your grill doing? Is she running better now?

You could try playing with the feed rate if you already haven't, I'm taking it you can change it on a BFG. That or the pellets.

Can you describe what this soot looks like? To me soot is a black residue.

Soot is caused by incomplete combustion, crappy pellets or a slow running fan will cause soot issues, adjusting the minimum feed rate will not cause or change this soot issue. Give RecTec support a call or send them a email.

I posted a similar thread in the lounge about my BFG, I am having this issue as well I've noticed on any high heat considerable smoke, I thought it was burning grease and residue of from other cooks. But it left a black sooty color on my pizza dough also tonight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back