Did My Seasoning on New RT700 Last Night and...

animallover526

1. The grill came with no instructions for assembly or how to use and set up.
2. I grilled a grill full of chicken thighs and wings at 400 degrees for 1 hr. Lot's of good grease splatter.
3. I'm going to order pellets recommended by forum-ers but just picked up 20lbs of Pit Boss hickory blend.
4. I mention the pellet because I cranked it up to full after an hour at 400 degrees and it got to 597 degrees! That was after lowering the max feed rate from 6.5 to 6.0.

I now have a considerable presence of dark brown grease on the front of the grill. I tried a stainless steel cleaner on it today but it didn't work at all. Is this common and what should I use to get rid of it?
0615201532.jpg

thnx. i just went online and it comes in many different formulas such as powder, foam spray, non-foam spray and several other options. Can someone link me to the best option?

thnx. i just went online and it comes in many different formulas such as powder, foam spray, non-foam spray and several other options. Can someone link me to the best option?
I have a "can" of powder. works great. ??

Yup, the powder works best and the most recommended around here.

@animallover526

That's normal, I cook a ton of chicken at 425deg F. all the time and nothing sprays grease around the inside of your grill like it. I like to use the powdered version of Barkeepers friend and make a semi-thick paste of it. Whatever you use to apply it try to go with the grain of the Stainless steel, also consider trying a small spot first just to make sure you like how it works before rubbing the whole grill down. It is true "Magic in a can" alright.

The grill came with no instructions for assembly or how to use and set up.
To my knowledge, none of the grills come with a printed manual. You should have received this sheet in the bag with your temp probes, and the QR code takes you to the RT support page, where they have PDFs of assembly and operating instructions. As mentioned above, they also have some nice assembly videos on their YouTube page. Clearly you are past needing that, but I thought I’d mention it in case a new owner finds this and is wondering how to assemble their grill.

Also as mentioned above, the BK Friend that comes in the shaker can is the best for getting stains off the stainless parts. It might be too aggressive for cleaning the painted parts, so use caution.

Attachments

• 26E76C92-0C24-49EA-89D5-538A2115F426.jpeg
    26E76C92-0C24-49EA-89D5-538A2115F426.jpeg
    127.3 KB · Views: 69
They stopped doing printed manuals a while back. The fact that so many people miss the piece of paper with the link makes me wonder if they'd actually read a manual anyway..

I found the YouTube videos to be quite helpful - explained a few things better.

@animallover526

That's normal, I cook a ton of chicken at 425deg F. all the time and nothing sprays grease around the inside of your grill like it. I like to use the powdered version of Barkeepers friend and make a semi-thick paste of it. Whatever you use to apply it try to go with the grain of the Stainless steel, also consider trying a small spot first just to make sure you like how it works before rubbing the whole grill down. It is true "Magic in a can" alright.
Thanx. Great advise. Will do

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back