Detailed exploded view of RT-680?

miketran

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
  2. RT-680
I’ve had my RT-680 for five years and it was time for a new paint job, so I completely disassembled my grill and had all the parts powder coated.

Does anyone have access to a detailed exploded view of this grill to make my reassembly easier/faster?

Also, anyone know where these unusual washers go? My guess is the six bolts that hold the pellet hopper, but not sure if they go on the bolt side (inside smoker) or nut side (inside hopper).
0287F0C8-9AA8-4BB1-819E-339E40FD8C53.jpeg

I’ve had my RT-680 for five years and it was time for a new paint job, so I completely disassembled my grill and had all the parts powder coated.

Does anyone have access to a detailed exploded view of this grill to make my reassembly easier/faster?
I suggest that you call Recteq and ask if they have such a “detail exploded view” available. Otherwise, it will be a trial-and-error assembly process.

Generally, washers go on the nut side, but not always. Since all the pieces have been refinished, I suppose there are no telltale marks anywhere to go by. Maybe someone with a 680 could take some photos for you and post them here.

As another suggestion, as I understand things, the biggest difference between the RT 680/700 is the controller, so perhaps the schematic for the RT-700 might help? Otherwise, moving forward I’d follow @ol' stonebreaker recommendation. Nothing beats having photo evidence of where you screwed up!

As another suggestion, as I understand things, the biggest difference between the RT 680/700 is the controller, so perhaps the schematic for the RT-700 might help? Otherwise, moving forward I’d follow @ol' stonebreaker recommendation. Nothing beats having photo evidence of where you screwed up!
Good thought on the RT-700 schematic possibility.

The “photo evidence” approach, however, doesn’t work well retroactively. As I understand it, the OP didn’t take photos during disassembly, so no way to take them now. Certainly a good thought for future disassembly, however.

I did take photos, but not of every bolt and washer…I have it 95% complete, just want to make sure it’s back together perfectly…

The good news is I can disassemble and reassemble this grill in my sleep now…😆

Thanks again for all of your input…

I recently disassembled my RT-700 to re-powder coat the skirt that the barrel attaches to. About the only thing I didn’t take apart was the hopper from the barrel. I didn’t see any washers that look like that.

My guess with that little nipple on there, it keeps space between hopper and CC, maybe for heat reduction ?

Before and after my complete refurbishment of my 5 year old RT-680.

Sandblasting and powder coating cost me $500…It took me several hours to disassemble and clean up, and almost a full day to resassemble, but now I have a new grill…

Having a shiny new grill almost makes me not want to use it…😆🤣…for maybe a day or two, then it’s back to smokin my meat!

IMG_7855.HEIC.jpg

IMG_7856.HEIC.jpg

IMG_7853.HEIC.jpg

IMG_7848.HEIC.jpg

IMG_7852.HEIC.jpg

65433A8D-B618-48CC-8B97-2F579443608C.jpeg
E8FD6FB4-DA64-477A-8F1E-9A1A924FF3AE.jpeg
65433A8D-B618-48CC-8B97-2F579443608C.jpeg
E8FD6FB4-DA64-477A-8F1E-9A1A924FF3AE.jpeg
AA4C00DC-DE7B-4ABA-B287-FAB15F9091F6.jpeg
8947089A-5780-4429-B2D0-7EFA88A66DAA.jpeg

Last edited:
That there is sure pretty! Nicely done. Let it sit for a day while you admire it, then fire it up and cook something. With a quality powder-coat finish, it should be good for a long while.

Last edited:
Before and after my complete refurbishment of my 5 year old RT-680.

Sandblasting and powder coating cost me $500…It took me several hours to disassemble and clean up, and almost a full day to resassemble, but now I have a new grill…

Having a shiny new grill almost makes me not want to use it…😆🤣…for maybe a day or two, then it’s back to smokin my meat!

View attachment 15881
View attachment 15882
View attachment 15883

View attachment 15880
View attachment 15884

View attachment 15876View attachment 15877View attachment 15876View attachment 15877View attachment 15878View attachment 15879
Interesting, my hopper lid and controller shelf are both black, not stainless.

Nice work, that thing looks excellent. Not a bad idea sending in a refurbed pic to RT, never know.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back