Customization work on your RT-590?

stampede shelf 02.JPG

rt comp cart mod 01.jpg

rt comp cart mod 03.jpg

Excellent first post. This looks really good. What are the details on those engineered panels you planked together? I assume both are also attached to the hinges themselves and the center anchor is just bonus beans, right?
I bought an 8' foot piece of composite decking(HD) and cut into two 30" pieces. I used 12" brackets and the holes line up well to connect the decking...

I bought an 8' foot piece of composite decking(HD) and cut into two 30" pieces. I used 12" brackets and the holes line up well to connect the decking...
That's a good idea. I planned to do something custom but would like to get something on there in the meantime as it may be a while before that project is completed. I considered the idea of the stair plank I see a lot of people use but it probably won't last too long in the elements in Colorado. I considered engineered planks but gave up when I couldn't find anything reasonable 12" or wider. I never really even considered just planking two side by side though. Turned out well & I really like the look of the color you chose so I may head down this path.
are the hinges from HD also?
I'm not that person but they look just like the ones I have sitting here that I got at Amazon: click me.

Here is my submission.

I glued in screen to the bottom control panel vent cover to keep out the wasps.
Added the Camp Chef Sear Box, fabricated a front shelf out of poly-ethylene cutting board material and Amazon brackets, sealed vents with aluminum RTV sealant (high temp red is not required; aluminum works fine), used mason jar hangers for a drip cup, attached OEM Rec-Tec handle to the Camp Chef Sear Box.

After 6+ months of use, all working just fine.

Attachments

• Screen.jpeg
    Screen.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 193
  • Shelf Bracket.jpeg
    Shelf Bracket.jpeg
    48 KB · Views: 196
  • Shelf Down.jpeg
    Shelf Down.jpeg
    106.9 KB · Views: 209
  • Shelf Up.jpeg
    Shelf Up.jpeg
    107.1 KB · Views: 198
  • OEM Handle.jpeg
    OEM Handle.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 195
  • Vent.jpeg
    Vent.jpeg
    43.4 KB · Views: 208
Here is my submission.

Added the Camp Chef Sear Box, fabricated a front shelf out of poly-ethylene cutting board material and Amazon brackets, sealed vents with aluminum RTV sealant (high temp red is not required; aluminum works fine), used mason jar hangers for a drip cup, attached OEM Rec-Tec handle to the Camp Chef Sear Box.

How did you attach the Sear Box?

Here is my submission.

Feel free to stop by my place and do your thing.....I could do the front shelf but not sure about putting that sear box on. That's some great outside the box thinking.......something I'm not good it!!

Here is mine. Minor changes, but it makes it mine. The shelf is made from a piece of sugar maple that has the holes in it from seasons of sugaring in late winter and a wrap for the front cover. The holes were filled with resin and the whole thing was sealed with spar urethane.

bbq shelf 3.jpg

bbq shelf 2.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back