For Sale Custom Vinyl Grill Lid Wraps

smoker.social

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Hi Everyone! My wife and I run a small vinyl business and I love cooking on my RT-590. We work largely with car enthusiasts and many of them like to put partial graphic wraps on their cars. I figured that people probably would love to be able to do the same on their smoker lids. We can cut custom designs from solid color vinyl or we can print full-color designs on vinyl.

We are just trying to get some traction and an initial few sales now. If you're interested message us here or email us at [email protected] and we will work with you on a custom design.

Thanks so much!
Adam

Since grills get hot, it might help if you described the temperature range for the vinyl materials you use for the wraps. I know some cars are “HOT” but I don’t think that means in degrees Fahrenheit. ;) Just a thought.

Thanks Jim! You're right that would be helpful! The wraps don't have much issue up to about 400F. That being said we are doing some testing on our RT-590 above that temperature (high temp grilling with Grill Grates as well as running the GMG pizza oven attachment) to document the extent of any adverse effects. IF you are primarily smoking or grilling at temperatures below 400F you should not have any issues. Thank you!

Thanks Jim! You're right that would be helpful! The wraps don't have much issue up to about 400F. That being said we are doing some testing on our RT-590 above that temperature (high temp grilling with Grill Grates as well as running the GMG pizza oven attachment) to document the extent of any adverse effects. IF you are primarily smoking or grilling at temperatures below 400F you should not have any issues. Thank you!
Pics of wrap on your 590, please.

Pics of wrap on your 590, please.
Here's an initial pic. I'm going to be using the smoker quite a bit this weekend so I'll try to post some additional pics after it's been in use a bit.

Attachments

• PXL_20220428_180417372.jpg
    PXL_20220428_180417372.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 206
Nice!
Have you used the grill with wrap?

Nice!
Have you used the grill with wrap?
I had the grill running while I installed the wrap (it has been depressingly cold so far in MN this year so having the grill lid warm helped with the install), but otherwise no. I will be smoking pork butts this weekend and will likely be making pizza using the pizza oven attachment in the next week. I will post some additional pictures once this wrap has some "hours" on it so to speak. Thanks for the questions!

I had the grill running while I installed the wrap (it has been depressingly cold so far in MN this year so having the grill lid warm helped with the install), but otherwise no. I will be smoking pork butts this weekend and will likely be making pizza using the pizza oven attachment in the next week. I will post some additional pictures once this wrap has some "hours" on it so to speak. Thanks for the questions!
Looks great, keep us posted.

I have smoked (2) pork butts, grilled (8) burgers, and baked (2) pizzas on the Stampede with no discoloration or deterioration to the lid wrap. I will try to snap a few new pictures this afternoon. We are getting some new material in later today that should make installation a breeze so I will be removing the current wrap so I can do more testing with the new material. Stay tuned.....!

I would not put a vinyl sticker on a grill. IMHO Glue, vinyl and heat are not a great idea. It would be like putting a bumper sticker on your grill. I am not sure if the fumes from the glue and vinyl would be toxic.

I would not put a vinyl sticker on a grill. IMHO Glue, vinyl and heat are not a great idea. It would be like putting a bumper sticker on your grill. I am not sure if the fumes from the glue and vinyl would be toxic.
I really appreciate this feedback!

This is our take on it - we do NOT recommend the use of lid wraps on gas or charcoal grills because during the course of normal use they could get hot enough to damage the wrap. That being said we have had our Stampede up over 400F without an visual degradation or any noticeable off-gassing. Because pellet grills/smokers are used outdoors (well ventilated) and are often operated at lower temperatures we do not believe these wraps to pose health concerns. The material we use is also used for car wraps and can be removed with gentle heat. In some cases an adhesive remover may be required to remove small amounts of adhesive residue from your smoker lid. We are continuing to do testing so we can provide our customers with the absolute best products and customer support.

Thank you all so much for your feedback and encouragement!

If you have any ideas for wrap designs (images, concepts, etc.) we would love to hear them! Right now we have the "worn/tattered flag" design. The colors and size are easily customizable. We are also working on some outdoor themed designs as well as more patriotic designs. That being said we want to produce whatever you all would like - so let us know!

Thanks again!
Adam

I just installed another wrap (V2) on my grill after removing the previous test wrap (V1). V2 was printed on a vinyl that uses a special adhesive to make applying easier while dramatically reducing the instance of air bubbles under the wrap. It was an amazing success - I have not spotted a single air bubble even around the area imprinted with the ReqTeq bull logo. Once I have a few cooks on this new wrap I will report on durability, but I don't expect any issues as this is a printable outdoor vinyl.

Thanks!
Adam

I just installed another wrap (V2) on my grill after removing the previous test wrap (V1). V2 was printed on a vinyl that uses a special adhesive to make applying easier while dramatically reducing the instance of air bubbles under the wrap. It was an amazing success - I have not spotted a single air bubble even around the area imprinted with the ReqTeq bull logo. Once I have a few cooks on this new wrap I will report on durability, but I don't expect any issues as this is a printable outdoor vinyl.

Thanks!
Adam
Cost?

We are looking for initial customers to help us launch this product line and are willing to offer a significant discount over our target retail price. Ultimately the price will depend on the size of your smoker lid and the design that you select. If you email us at [email protected] we can work with you to make sure you get exactly what you want!

Thanks so much!
Adam

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back