Bull Custom interior shelf

JMSnGA

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
New to the forum and new bull owner. I have been cooking bbq for many years now, made customs stick burner smokers, just recently sold an insulated vertical stick burner and downsized to the RT-700 since I no longer cater. I have really enjoyed the pellet life and ease of operation. But I need a large shelf and really considering building one myself. Has anyone accomplished this successfully? And has anyone made any mods to their smoke box to have it as a cooking chamber option?

0F690DE0-0D53-4D83-8F65-706E21E071D2.jpeg

Ive been thinking of doing the same. Using a heavy gauge flattened expended stainless 304, trimming the edges of the expanded stainless with 3/4 X 3/4 stainless angle. I was think of drilling and mounting short pieces of the same angle to the outside walls for the shelf to sit on, no need for legs to touch the bottom grates for support.

Obviously everything n 304 stainless. The concerns are changing airflow characteristics, void warranty by drilling 4 holes and others??

Maybe a better idea is out there with some more input from others?

https://www.onlinemetals.com/en/buy/pid/22507

Last edited:
crappy drawing of my idea
Not bad, I get the idea you got there.??
I was thinking something very similar. I would like to use 304 stainless 1/4” rod and make them similar to the bottom grates. I like the strength of the 1/4” rod and the more metal you have the more consistent the temp. I would definitely want it to be removable.

Personally I would make it so it can be moved/placed in different areas of the smoker like the ones RT sells. Could be placed parallel or across depending what you have undeneath. Hotter to the right, little cooler to the left ??? Turkey underneath and full length shelf would be useless.
" Food for thought"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FISCH75
Back