Cross thread

Irieone

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
Bummed. Just purchased rt 1250 and cross threaded bolt on the handle. I can’t remove it because screw got stripped in the process. Fortunately, it’s pretty tight. Any ideas on how to remove it? Thanks everyone.

Bummed. Just purchased rt 1250 and cross threaded bolt on the handle. I can’t remove it because screw got stripped in the process. Fortunately, it’s pretty tight. Any ideas on how to remove it? Thanks everyone.
Is the screw tight, if so just leave it. If it is just spinning around when you try to unscrew it, use a pair of pliers (needle nose) to apply outward pressure on the screw head as you try to unscrew it.

Is the screw tight, if so just leave it. If it is just spinning around when you try to unscrew it, use a pair of pliers (needle nose) to apply outward pressure on the screw head as you try to unscrew it.
Thanks! That’s exactly what I decided to do. I am not going to mess with it until I have to. I was worried about smoke leaking from that area so I plan to apply some high heat silicone to fill in any gaps around the screw.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back