Crispy shredded beef or pork on the pellet grill?

SmokyJ

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
Hi all,

I heard one YouTuber say she makes crispy crunchy shredded beef on her air fryer. Like after she shreds her meat, she puts it in an air fryer with tallow to make it crunchy.

I don’t have an air fryer and kind of don’t want to get one. Think I could make something similar by putting shredded beef back into the 1250 at higher heat?

Any tips before I experiment myself?

An air fryer is not the same as a RecTeq at high heat. You dont have the same convective heat as an air fryer or commercial grade oven. So my money is on dried out overcooked meat

An air fryer is not the same as a RecTeq at high heat. You dont have the same convective heat as an air fryer or commercial grade oven. So my money is on dried out overcooked meat
I agree, dehydration which removes moisture over time is done at a very low temperature like 140 degrees (a lot of home ovens do have a dehydration setting on them). I think Mozekian is right on with what you would end up with if you cranked up the RecTeq.

Put a little tallow or oil in a cast iron pan and crisp it up on the stove. I do pulled pork that way to get a crispy smoked carnitas. Not quite as healthy as an air fryer but if she’s doing it with tallow I don’t think it really matters.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back